Project Manager at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to plan & deliver on business-led projects
- Full time perm role: $110,091 up to $155,423 based on relevant skills & expertise
- Based at our Wellington National Office – with flexible ways of working
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
The Partnerships and Pathways team is responsible for supporting the design and delivery of the best pathways and services for effective rehabilitation and reintegration to prevent future re-offending; and enabling Ara Poutama Aotearoa to have strong, capable partnerships that realise the aspiration of Hōkai Rangi through improved wellbeing outcomes for people.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are now recruiting for a permanent Project Manager to join our high-performing team. Reporting to and working closely with the Delivery Manager, you will have the opportunity to plan and implement a diverse portfolio of projects. Managing the end-to-end project lifecycle, you will ensure all project management, administration, planning, budgeting and reporting requirements are adhered to, in line with agreed project management disciplines and the Department's project management methodology.
We are seeking a natural collaborator who will provide leadership to our project working groups and our managers to ensure efficient resource use, and most importantly someone who wants to play an active role in supporting and mentoring other team members in best practice project management disciplines and methodology.
Mōu | About you
We are looking for evidence of the following skills and expertise within your cover letter and CV:
- Demonstrable experience developing and leading business-led projects and/or multiple projects, using project management disciplines;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to establish professional relationships, and influence and build consensus to achieve outcomes;
- Proven ability to operate in an agile and future focused manner whilst ensuring current priorities are being achieved;
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Effective collaboration skills – a motivated team-player with the ability to engage a range of stakeholders and project team members;
- Cultural awareness, including familiarity with the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of government agencies.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The full range (85%-120%) is $110,091 - $155,423. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Kano ārai mate KOWHEORI-19 | COVID-19 vaccinations
As part of our COVID-19 response, all people working at Ara Poutama Aotearoa are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access our workplaces. This is to ensure we continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe from the impacts of COVID-19, now and into the future.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Please note all applications close Monday 4th July.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Attachment:||Partnerships and Pathways - Project Manager JD.docx (Word, 383KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.