Senior Test Assurance Analyst at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Work for an organisation looking to make real difference in people's lives
- Join our experienced, supportive team looking to improve the way they work
- Learn systems, processes and a business few Kiwi's really understand
- Salary – $82,160— $115,990 - (open to full/part-time)
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
The Infrastructure and Digital Assets (IDA) team provides a range of asset-based services to support the delivery of Corrections' core business and ensure we can maintain consistent service delivery regardless of external events and crises. The group comprises four key areas: Asset Management, Procurement, Public Private Partnerships and Digital.
We have an exciting and transformational plan ahead designed to modernise our infrastructure and technology platform, delivering life changing digital technology for the people we manage and our staff.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
In this role you'll have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate your extensive experience in testing by participating in the test process using a range of methodologies
- Successfully manage and complete test preparation and execution tasks
- Determine appropriate test coverage and help manage risk
- Find quality issues with the solutions under test. In turn, this will add value to our organisation by ensuring quality IT deliveries occur.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You will have an excellent understanding of testing concepts and processes, as well as in-depth testing experience (at least three years in a testing role). In addition, you'll bring:
- General experience of IT, with an excellent comprehension of the different development methodologies
- Technical skills and experience, which could be demonstrated in multiple ways - for example via test automation or via back-end testing skills
- A strong ability to understand business requirements and design documents and to translate them into test plans and cases.
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to build relationships with stakeholders.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy). Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Please apply online, applications close on Monday 3 October. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk to us about your part-time and flexible working requirements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Senior Test Assurance Analyst - August 2022.pdf (PDF, 242KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.