Business Support Officer at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Business Support Officer
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Wellington based, with flexible arrangements available
- Join a values-led organisation
The Communications and Government Services Team is a busy team in the middle of a rather busy organisation committed to making lives better and keeping our communities safe. We are currently in the need of a star Business Support Officer to officially support our busy business. This position provides practical administration support to the General Manager, other Managers, and the wider crew in order to ensure the smooth operations of the whole team.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
Ask those who work in our organisation about what it's like, they will often say; the passion for making a difference is incredible, the work is highly stimulating, and you're exposed to a wide range of challenges and exciting opportunities.
The role accountabilities include:
- Supporting the General Manager and wider team with document collation and prioritising work and stuff
- Assisting with the delegation and distribution of work and making sure people get things done on time
- Support the GM and other staff with HR activities, like recruitment, onboarding and offboarding
- Tidying up presentation material, including proof reading, formatting, and editing documents
- Arrange and manage meetings, meeting agendas, meeting material and distribution, booking of venues, equipment and catering as required
- Maintaining financial bits and bobs including purchase orders, complete goods receipting, and other minor purchases
- Organises travel and accommodation bookings, and reimbursement of expenses
- Assist with the delivery of good vibes by supporting the GM and managers to lead team events and activities
Ngā pūkenga e kimi ana mātou | Skills we look for
The Business Support Officer is self-motivating, organised, can challenge others thinking and system processes, and who brings solutions to problems/opportunities. With a strong communication and organisational skills, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent knowledge of administrative processes, systems, and technology
- Advanced and demonstrated competence in the use of all the usual Microsoft Office applications and work practices
- A keen eye for detail (both words and numbers)
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining effective data management processes and systems
- Ability to delegate and have oversight of a number of tasks and projects
- An understanding (or an openness to developing an understanding) of Te Reo Māori and the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to the work of government departments
- Proven ability of building and maintaining professional working relationships with a diverse cross section of people across a range of organisational levels
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and manage sensitive information
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The mid point of the salary range is $ 67,527 and the full range (85%-120%) is $ 57,398 - $81,032. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Wā Mahi Ngāwari - Flexible Working
If you're interested, we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as, remote working, flexible start and finish times. Please feel free to talk to us at the about the flexibility you need and we will explore what's possible for the role.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whanau.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that your examples to reflect and demonstrate our organisational values.
Applications close on Thursday 29th September 2022
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Attachment:||Communications and Government Services - Business Support Coordinator.docx (Word, 354KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.