IT Project Manager/Senior IT Project Manager at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Deliver a myriad of Strategic, Operational, tactical and lifecycle projects
- Support an exciting work programme transforming our digital systems
- Join our digital whānau and work on a variety of meaningful projects
- Salary – PM: $96,557 - $136,316 // Senior PM: $126,436 - $178,498
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Infrastructure and Digital Assets (IDA) team provides a range of asset-based services to support the delivery of Corrections' core business and ensure we can maintain consistent service delivery regardless of external events and crises.
Within our Digital team, we have an exciting and transformational plan ahead designed to modernise our infrastructure and technology platform, delivering life changing digital technology for the people we manage and our staff. With this in mind, we're currently looking for an IT Project Manager and a Senior IT Project Manager to join the team.
You'll be responsible for managing the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of specified IT projects (or parts of) to ensure that solutions are delivered that meet the requirements of the Department and your key stakeholders. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage all risks associated with IT projects and seek appropriate guidance and authority to ensure the delivery is managed, prioritised and successful
- Provide accurate, timely and insightful reports to regular forums as required
- Work with internal and external providers to integrate and manage resources, tasks and budgets
- Manage the efforts of all resources to ensure projects deliver within the specified constraints of time, cost and quality and meet business requirements
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You'll have extensive experience and involvement in managing large complex IT projects and/or multiple IT projects having regard to project management disciplines. In addition, you'll bring:
- Experience managing both large and small-scale projects including a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Knowledge and experience working with PRINCE2 or similar, and Agile delivery frameworks
- Experience and involvement in the IT procurement and change management processes
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills, including meeting and workshop facilitation experience
- The ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiation experience, including the ability to influence and build consensus with a range of stakeholders.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
It is an exciting time to join us as we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Please feel free to talk to us at the about the flexibility you need, and we will explore what's possible for the role.
Applications close Sunday 2 October, please apply online. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.