Technical Lead - Offender Management Systems at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be the technical glue in this growing team
- See the work you do make a tangible difference
- Mixture of projects, enhancements and BAU work
- Salary $114,942 - $162,270
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Infrastructure and Digital Assets (IDA) provide a range of services to support the delivery of Corrections' core business and ensure we can maintain consistent service delivery regardless of external events and crises. The group comprises four key areas: Asset Management, Procurement, Public Private Partnerships and Digital.
We have an exciting and transformational plan ahead designed to modernise our infrastructure and technology platform, delivering life changing digital technology for the people we manage and our staff.
We're currently looking for a dedicated and ambitious professional to join us as a Technical Lead in the Offender Management Systems team. The Offender Management Systems (OMS) team is responsible for the Departments eco system of applications used by staff when managing people in our care. This eco system consists of a range of 40 applications ranging from our Integrated Offender Management System, Kiosks and our Corrections Prison Telephone System.
In this role you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the maintenance and enhancement of a range of products and systems within the OMS team. In addition, you will:
- Consult with end-users and a variety of stakeholders to refine business requirements for complex application and infrastructure development
- Head up the development of processes, standards, and recommendations that will enhance and further develop products and systems within the OMS space
- Support the monitoring and incident response of key systems
- Review technical documentation for a wide variety of technology and systems
- Participate in development of designs that contribute to meeting project, programme, or change initiatives.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Polished time management and organisational skills
- Experience with .net, SQL and Oracle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills enabling you to present and lead workshops.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
It is an exciting time to join us as we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values. Please talk to us about flexible working/part time options.
Applications close Monday, 10 April. Please apply online. For more information contact email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Technical Lead - OMS.pdf (PDF, 304KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.