Programme Manager - Digital at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Shape and provide strategic influence into the delivery of Data and Information products and programme
- Working with experienced teams with a high degree of organisational and expert knowledge
- The opportunity to work within a complex, interesting, and very rewarding environment
- Salary $136,231 - $192,326
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Our Digital team supply technology and related services to a hugely diverse stakeholder group including staff, partners, suppliers, agencies, and the people in our care. The quality and accuracy of what we do impacts the Departments 11,000 staff and the tens of thousands of others who use our technology. We're currently looking for a talented Programme Manager - Digital to join the team and help us achieve our goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality plans that enable investment for the full life cycle of our Data and Information products and programme. You will lead and provide oversight of the delivery function, provide guidance and support to key stakeholders. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in the product programme planning for data and information, ensuring it aligns with the Department's strategies
- Capital planning, development of investment cases, and delivery of approved projects and programmes
- To work alongside the EMPO, the Digital PMO and other Programme Managers to improve and enhance delivery, and governance processes
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You'll bring your experience in Product Management and managing large complex IT projects and programmes of work and be committed to delivering projects on time and within budget. You'll use your superb communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with stakeholders and vendors, and you'll have ability to mentor and guide other staff members. In addition, you'll bring:
- Excellent estimating, scheduling, resourcing, budgeting, and Governance reporting skills
- Experience and involvement with IT vendor management for project delivery and change management processes
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills
- Strong risk mitigation and problem-solving abilities
Tahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whanau.
Ara Poutama Aotearoa values diversity in our workforce, and as a Public Service organisation we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the public we serve. We welcome applications from disabled and neurodiverse communities, all cultures, faiths, and Rainbow communities, as we appreciate the richness of experience that diversity brings to our organisation. We strive to make our recruitment process fair and inclusive and we encourage applicants to discuss reasonable accommodation with us if required.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit online a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
Applications close on Tuesday June 5th, 2023.
For more information, please contact email@example.com. This is a full time (40 hours per week) role but please do talk to us about flexible working.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Wellington (Te Whanganui a Tara)|
|Attachment:||JD - IT - Programme Manager Digital.docx (Word, 355KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.