Director Strategy & Investment - Data & Digital at Te Whatu Ora, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of the national transformation in Health
- Opportunity to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible working fully supported to balance your workplace and lifestyle
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
It's not very often something happens that's big; like, really big. Big to the point that it will touch the lives of every single person in the motu. That's what we're talking about here. The provision of health services in Aotearoa, and how they are delivered, is about to change in a big way.
Te Whatu Ora-Health New Zealand and Te Aka Whai Ora-Māori Health Authority will together shape the delivery of health services in Aotearoa for generations to come and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our whānau. Te Whatu Ora is ‘the weaving of wellness'. Whatu is the combining together of people, resources, organisations, thoughts and actions for the betterment and wellbeing of all. Whatu is also a direct reference to the pupil of the eye, and the vision required of the new entity and system. Join us in this mahi...
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
By joining our Data and Digital team, you will be responsible for providing strategic thought leadership to support the development of Te Whatu Ora strategies and roadmaps pertaining to data and digital, through business partnership arrangements and effect the delivery of priorities.
You will lead and manage the financial, people and change capacity pressures to ensure there are robust strategy, investment, architecture and commercial foundations to support the scaling of innovation and digital transformation across the motu, ensuring our data and digital systems and services are interoperable, connecting new and existing systems and enabling us to implement ambitious digital technologies and tools at pace and within our investment portfolio.
Some of your responsbilities will include:
- Provide leadership, management and delivery of architectural services, digital standards and commercial services
- Oversee and drive the delivery to strategic objectives through national portfolio, investment and PMO practices
- Ensure the Strategy & Investment Team contributes effectively to all aspects of Te Whatu Ora and Te Tiriti o Waitangi in action, a commitment to action on equity and making a difference
Alongside the Chief Data & Digital, the Director Strategy & Investment will lead the development of the overall Data & Digital strategy. The top priority is to work in partnership with colleagues across Te Whatu Ora, Te Aka Whai Ora, and the wider health sector to ensure technology and services are accessible and usable for at all levels of the system and across the motu whilst enabling equity for māori and pacific communities.
As the transition to the new system is currently underway, organisational design and implementation work will be on-going. The Director Investment & Strategy will help implement the operating model for Data and Digital and lead their teams through the associated change processes.
Mōu | About you
To thrive in our team, you will be a team player who can successfully develop, maintain and manage a wide range of internal and external relationships. You will bring along your experience leading large diverse teams through change and achieving improved results while navigating a highly nuanced and complex system.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience:
- Proven success in developing and implementing large scale digital strategies
- Substantial experience leading a high performing teams, delivering functions in strategy, investment portfolio, architecture and standards
- A commitment to biculturalism and willingness to take a stand to get equitable outcomes for Māori
- A strong drive to deliver and take personal responsibility
- The highest standards of personal, professional and institutional behaviour through commitment, loyalty and integrity
- Proven experience successfully leading large diverse teams through change and achieving improved results while navigating a highly nuanced and complex system
- Significant experience in leading organisational strategy development, strategic stakeholder management, and government support functions.
- Proven experience in successfully developing and maintaining a structured approach to managing a wide range of stakeholder and professional relationships both internally and externally
- Solid experience of working in a politically sensitive environment
- Experience operating in a confidential/secure environment with access to sensitive information
Previous experience at an executive level of IT delivery within large public facing multi-faceted or complex environments with multiple consumer and political interests and expectations, ideally within Health, is beneficial.
This role requires and/or would benefit from the following
- An understanding of the significance of and obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, including how to apply Te Tiriti principles in a meaningful way in your role
- Competency with te ao Māori, tikanga, and te reo Māori or a willingness to learn and grow
Nau mai, uru mai | Come and join us
Te Whatu Ora is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and that means people from all the communities we serve being represented in our workforce. We want to see the real you in your application and welcome the real you on board if you come and work with us. Skills are gained across many areas of our life, not just in formal employment. If you can demonstrate the skills listed in the ad, but the experience was gained through whānau life, community or mahi aroha (volunteering) we encourage you to apply and share your story with us in your cover letter. At Te Whatu Ora we acknowledge and respect our people's diversity and spiritual needs, ensuring a safe workplace that is a whānau orientated and supportive environment. We particularly welcome applications from Māori, Pacific, disabled, and rainbow communities.
Te painga o te mahi tahi me matou | Benefits
This is a truly rewarding role where you will come to work each day making a difference, leading change, and creating capabilities across our health service. Te Whatu Ora supports flexible and hybrid working, offers learning and growth opportunities and gives all staff five weeks of annual leave per year.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
The applications closing date is midnight Wednesday 8th February 2023 If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Director Strategy and Investment_Data and Digital PD 202211.pdf (PDF, 272KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.