Portfolio Manager at Kiwi Health Jobs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you passionate about mental health and an advocate for change?
- Can you bring expertise in contract and service management at an enterprise level?
- Flexible work location options across New Zealand, to suit your lifestyle and whanau
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
It's not very often something happens that's big; like, really big. Big to the point that it will touch the lives of every single person in the country. That's what we're talking about here. The provision of Health in New Zealand, and how it's run is about to change in a big way.
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand and the Te Aka Whai Ora Māori Health Authority will together shape the delivery of health services in New Zealand for generations to come and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our Whanau.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
As a member of the Mental Health Specialist Services team, this role has shared accountability for delivering actions set out in the interim Health New Zealand Plan and Kia Manawanui: Long-term pathway to mental wellbeing.
In this role you will provide a strategic approach to our portfolio which strives to uphold the group on all contracts and services and define the future direction of the portfolio.
Your proactive leadership approach means you will naturally work collaboratively and demonstrate expectational stakeholder management expertise. You will bring a passion for best practice and be continually improving the offering of our contracts and services to meet sustainable delivery outcomes.
This multi-faceted and influential role involves:
- Leading the planning, development, implementation, and relationship management for a portfolio of contracts and services in the mental health and addiction commissioning group.
- Develop a contracts and service strategy that delivers appropriate solutions to add strategic value to contract negotiations
- Streamline the workflow of contract and services to keep within agreed timeframes and legal requirements
- Analysing performance and managing provider contract delivery, financial management, relationships and accountability for quality and timeliness of a portfolio of initiatives.
- Building collaborative and positive relationships across the wider group, Te Whatu Ora, Te Aka Whai Ora, the wider health sector, government, and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure all work reflects our responsibilities to the priority of equity and meeting Treaty of Waitangi obligations
Mōu | About you
You will have substantial portfolio/project management experience with the ability to gain buy in and influence decision making and engagement with stakeholders. You will also bring the following:
- Proven experience commissioning mental health and addiction services, including service development, implementation, contract and relationship management, service evaluation
- Experience developing service specifications, KPIs and outcomes measures for mental health and addiction contracts and services
- A strong focus on people and relationships, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people in different contexts and settings
- A can-do attitude and high level of motivation
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment whilst also demonstrating critical thinking and sound judgement
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to think innovatively to identify gaps and bring a continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient experience in monitoring and reporting on high priority issues, risks and trends
- Strive to always be authentic and influential by providing fit-for-purpose advice to stakeholders which support the strategic direction of the portfolio
Te painga o te mahi tahi me matou – Benefits
HNZ is committed to being a good employer and honouring our equal employment opportunity obligations. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we're working to improve care for, including those which have been historically underserved by the health system. We particularly welcome applications from Māori, Pacific people, disabled people, and the LGBTQI+ communities. We endeavour to provide flexible employee practices and conditions to support a healthy work-life balance, including part-time and flexible working arrangements.
This is a truly rewarding role where you will come to work each day making a difference and gain the following:
- Gain perspectives at a national level as part of the NZ healthcare system
- Be at the forefront of innovation
- Lead change and create capabilities across the service
- Make a difference within the mental health sector through a varied and dynamic change portfolio
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current Curriculum Vitae), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
The applications closing date is midnight Tuesday 09th of August. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kiwi Health Jobs|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||HNZ-PD-Portfolio Manager-Mental Health and Addiction Commissioning July 2022.pdf (PDF, 127KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.