Principal Analyst Data Governance at Kiwi Health Jobs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Highly influential senior role
- Flexible work options to work with your lifestyle and whanau
- Shape, design and implement a value driven data governance strategy
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
It's not very often something happens that's big; like, really big. Big to the point that it will touch the lives of every single person in the country. That's what we're talking about here. The provision of Health in New Zealand, and how it's run is about to change in a big way.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand and Te Aka Whai Ora - the Māori Health Authority will together shape the delivery of Health services in NZ for generations to come and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our Whanau.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
You will be responsible for driving forward the delivery of the Data Strategy incorporating data integrity, governance and data ownership through cloud services and enabling platforms.
Acting as a trusted advisor you will leverage your relationship and influencing skills to advise on solution-based and data driven decisions to deliver meaningful and proactive information.
In this multi-faceted role, you will have oversight of:
- Proactively seek out trends and new insights to inform, guide and drive key business decisions and opportunities
- Develop and implement data quality and governance standards, ensuring data quality and data improvement initiatives.
- Establish an enterprise data governance roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Act as a liaison between the business and technology areas to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood in planning
Mōu | About you
- Ability to turn complex data into clear, simple, and actionable management information which are then communicated to a variety of audiences
- Experience in data governance - understanding key risks and mitigation through assurance mechanisms
- Ability to innovate using data tools and techniques and appropriate adoption
- Experience defining client strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context
- A deep understanding of relevant asset data sources and asset data management alongside project controls, tools, and systems and use for verifying and validating data and analysis
- Ability to guide and influence senior stakeholders over data approaches
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts and deliver detailed information in plain language
Te painga o te mahi tahi me matou – Benefits
HNZ is committed to being a good employer and honouring our equal employment opportunity obligations. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we're working to improve care for, including those which have been historically underserved by the health system. We particularly welcome applications from Māori, Pacific people, disabled people, and the LGBTQI+ communities. We endeavour to provide flexible employee practices and conditions to support a healthy work-life balance, including part-time and flexible working arrangements.
This is a truly rewarding role where you will come to work each day making a difference and gain the following:
- Gain perspectives at a national level as part of the NZ healthcare system
- Be at the forefront of innovation
- Lead change and create capabilities across the service
- Make a difference within the health sector through a varied and dynamic change portfolio
Come talk to us about what works for you!
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current Curriculum Vitae), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
The applications closing date is midnight Sunday 14th August. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact Careers@health.govt.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kiwi Health Jobs|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||HNZ Position Description Principal Analyst Data Governance .pdf (PDF, 237KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.