Senior Advisor - Governance, Partnerships and Risk at Kiwi Health Jobs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- This is an opportunity to start at the grass roots of transformation.
- High performing, collaborative, and engaging team culture
- Virtual work force – Remote working opportunities
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
It's not very often something happens that's truly transformational to the point that it will touch the lives of every single person in the country.
That's what we're talking about here. The provision of Health in New Zealand, and how it's run has changed for the better.
Te Whatu Ora and Te Aka Whai Ora will together shape the delivery of Health services in NZ for generations to come and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our Whanau.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
As a member of the Governance, Partnerships and Risk team, this role has shared accountability for supporting the interface between Te Whatu Ora, Government, and the wider state sector. The group is responsible for those functions which support transparency and accountability to New Zealanders, including OIA coordination, Privacy, Ministerial Services and Advice functions.
As a newly developing directorate with varied work responsibilities, we work across teams to establish and maintain consistency in both our processes, and how we represent Te Whatu Ora to the external audiences we engage with. There is scope to contribute to the development of our ways of working, our values, and our collective ethos.
The role of the Senior Advisor is to provide coaching, mentoring and capability building to Advisors. The Senior Advisor, is responsible for managing complex pieces of work, keeping abreast of trends and issues in the official information area, building relationships and subject matter expertise across the business.
We have several opportunities for Senior Advisors that sit in different areas of the organisation, current areas for consideration are Policy or Ministerial.
Mōu | About you
The ideal candidate would have the ability to identify organisational risks and have extensive working knowledge of the legislation. The Senior Advisor would need to demonstrate drive, optimism, and focus and the need to make decisions in a timely manner to advance the longer-term best interests of the people we care for.
The ideal person will have:
- Previous experience in a Ministerial or official correspondence, equivalent unit, or related field.
- Extensive working knowledge of applicable legislation including the Privacy Act and the Official Information Act.
- Political awareness and a very sound knowledge of the machinery of Government, including structures and processes.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to effectively lead, motivate and coach others towards the achievement of goals.
- Ability to identify and manage risks, and experience in the co-ordination and quality assurance of a wide range of information.
- Experience dealing with complex and high-risk Ministerial work such as OIAs, correspondence, etc.
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders such as Officers of Parliament, Parliamentary staff or Ministerial staff.
- Experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines and supporting other team members to do the same.
This position has a salary range of $94,716 - $117,146. The offered salary will be based on the individuals skills and experience.
Te painga o te mahi tahi me matou – Benefits
HNZ is committed to being a good employer and honouring our equal employment opportunity obligations. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we're working to improve care for, including those which have been historically underserved by the health system. We particularly welcome applications from Māori, Pacific people, disabled people, and the LGBTQI+ communities. We endeavour to provide flexible employee practices and conditions to support a healthy work-life balance, including part-time and flexible working arrangements.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role, please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
The applications closing date is midnight 21st August. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kiwi Health Jobs|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||Senior Policy Analyst - Advice and Settings - Position Description - Copy.docx (Word, 107KB)
Senior Advisor - Ministerial - Position Description.docx (Word, 108KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.