Senior Project Accountant at Ministry for the Environment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Support the Resource Management Reform Portfolio
- Lead improvements and champion best practice
- Flexible working
Fixed term 18 months.
A rare opportunity to join a dynamic team and drive a culture of continuous improvement while supporting the Resource Management Reform Portfolio
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
The Senior Project Accountant will support Programmes and Portfolios as required to continue to lift the Ministry's financial management capability to manage for the medium and longer term. The initial focus of the role will be supporting the Resource Management Reform Portfolio as they ramp up activity in the delivery of their committed work programme.
A key aspect of the role will involve influencing management to change the nature and focus of conversations in financial management.
The role is also responsible for supporting Ministry wide internal budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes at the project, programme and portfolio levels to assist senior management plan and manage for the short to medium term.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are looking for candidates with experience in empowering, inspiring, being visible and accessible to all teams. This role will work closely with Managers across MfE and drive data analysis, consolidation and extract insights that help the portfolio thrive.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- Commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori
- Proven track record in providing high quality financial support to large complex projects or programmes.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse data to produce advice for senior management.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience working in Project, Programme, Portfolio financial support roles.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and experience.
- Attention to detail and developed evaluation skills.
- Experience working with staff and management to develop forecasts and budgets.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with change – people, systems, processes, requirements
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance.
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses.
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network.
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information please contact Gregory Simpson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: $ 101,802 - $124,424.
Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Friday 25th June 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||Senior Project Accountant PD Final.docx (Word, 311KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.