Information Solution Architect at Ministry for the Environment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation – be part of this exciting journey.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
The successful applicant will operate at an enterprise level with an emphasis on the implementation and integration of off-the-shelf solutions.
This is a new role created to lead MfE's digital transformation and support business enablement initiatives.
As Information and Solutions Architect, you will work with our IT team and the business to implement its digital strategy and support our CIO in creating and delivering strategic priorities for both IT and the wider Ministry. You will lead the direction of strategic planning to ensure our architectural road maps are coherent and comprehensive. You'll liaise with the Ministry's business areas and work with business stakeholders to understand current state and future goals assisting in the evaluation of software products and tools. As well as thinking about the big picture, you'll enjoy working to identify problems, identifying solutions and getting involved in the delivery of those solutions.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about IT, delivery and transformation
- Customer focussed, with a can-do attitude
- A team player, who enjoys working collaboratively
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences
- Able to engage confidently with senior leadership and other business stakeholders.
- Capable of zooming in and out of the detail when necessary
- Familiar with working in a fully outsourced ICT environment
- Prior experience in an architectural role in the context of NZ government
- Application, Integration and Data warehouse understanding
- Significant track record working with cloud and infrastructure technologies, with proven solution and enterprise architecture experience
- Security knowledge and experience
- Architecture certification (e.g.TOGAF)
- Familiarity with UML and design diagrams
- Familiarity with enterprise solutions
- Awareness of project delivery frameworks
- Domain and solution architecture experience
- Experience with containerisation
- Knowledge of current and emerging Cloud technologies and a passion for innovation
- Strong leadership skills and able to influence, persuade as well as resolve conflicts
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure especially during peak loads or incidents
- A strong sense of accountability
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance.
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses.
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network.
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information please contact Mike Porter, on 027-6325415.
Salary range: $155,491 - $190,044.
Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Friday 25 June 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.