Kaikaute Kaiwhakahaere | Management Accountant at Ministry for the Environment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Career development
- Supportive and inclusive team
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
Are you looking for the next step in your accounting career and a new challenge for 2022? If so, this is the role for you!
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Finance team.
Working closely across Financial Operations and Insights and Performance teams, you will provide core management accounting deliverables, including month end tasks and reporting, as well as analysis and advice on a range of finance and MFE initiatives.
You will also provide support and training to Managers on financial policies and procedures. This includes budgeting, forecasting, reporting and high level analysis.
A key focus of the role will be to identify and drive opportunities for improvement, to ensure we maximise the capability our new FMIS system.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- understanding of key principles of financial management and accounting
- demonstrated experience using databases
- strong relationship management skills, quickly building credibility and trust
- excellent report writing skills with the ability to clearly translate financial data
- strong analytical skills and the ability to manipulate quantitative data
- strong influencing skills to achieve results
- CA qualification or working towards is desirable
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Most importantly, you will have a great work ethic, attitude and be a team player.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is te ao Māori. We continue to strengthen our partnerships with Māori and iwi, which underpin our ability to succeed. Reflecting the Crown-Māori relationship under Te Tiriti o Waitangi in our environmental policy is our daily kaupapa.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about the role or require a copy of the position description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range: $83,533 to $102,096 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
MfE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees who come to our offices, work at non-MfE offices (this does not include remote workers working from home) or interact with the public in the course of their work must be fully vaccinated. During the application process you will be asked to provide details of your vaccination status, and depending on the nature of your work, you may be asked to provide evidence of your Vaccine Pass prior to an offer being made.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Monday, 31 January 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||Management Accountant - PD - Jan 2021.docx (Word, 300KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.