Kaitātari/ Kaitātari Matua | Analyst/Senior Analyst - Climate Change (multiple roles) at Ministry for the Environment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Seeking Analysts and Senior Analysts with quantitative skills
Permanent/Fixed Term/Secondment opportunities available
- Range of roles from entry level analysts to skilled senior modellers
- Use your skills to influence Government decisions
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
Our purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation – be part of this exciting journey.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About the roles
We are looking for a number of Analysts and Senior Analysts with skills in numbers or modelling to lead and support our exciting Climate Change work programme.
As an Analyst, you have a natural interest in evidence and data analysis and want to develop your quantitative skills more. You are interested in solving problems, able to understand and query basic data models and keen to explore how evidence and insights can support Government decisions.
You will get to work on some hot issues such as:
- Developing the evidence base of what Aotearoa New Zealand can do to reduce emissions.
- Supporting specific policies to understand their impact on climate change.
- Working across Government to shape the models that support our current and future emissions reduction plan.
You will work closely and collaboratively with teams in the Climate Change Directorate.
As a Senior you will also provide coordination and technical leadership for projects and have the opportunity to mentor junior members of the team to build capability. You will naturally be comfortable in leading across Government with like-minded quantitative analysts. Your work directly supports policy advice to Ministers.
This is a great opportunity for you to utilise your quantitative expertise and play an active role in supporting Aotearoa New Zealand to achieve positive environmental outcomes.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are looking for a range of experience and expertise at all levels. As a Senior, you will be recognised as advanced in quantitative analysis or modelling.
You will have a collaborative approach, strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to quickly build credibility and trust across diverse groups.
You will also bring a mixture of the following:
- a background in quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to be across a broad range of technical content
- experience in Excel and other data packages such as R
- the confidence and ability to lead and co-ordinate cross-governmental analytical work programmes
- experience with prioritisation of work and delivery to meet tight deadlines
- an agile approach, with a desire to make a difference
- comfortable dealing with ambiguity and embrace complexity and the ability to think creatively
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Analyst: $73,280 to $89,565 pa
Senior Analyst: $101,802 to $124,424 pa
Appointment within these ranges will be based on skills and experience.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Ngaire Howes at Ngaire.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a copy of the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisment and position description.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
From 18, May 2022 we have suspended our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. A My Vaccine Pass is no longer required by employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors. However, the policy may be reinstated if new public health advice comes to hand or a new variant emerges.
Note: We will be working through applications as they are submitted and progressing candidates prior to the closing date so apply now.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday, 14 August 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Analyst - PD .docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Senior Analyst - PD.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.