Kaiwhakahaere | Manager Insight Planning and Performance at Ministry for the Environment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Bring strategy to action for the Ministry by leading a team to provide information and advice on how we are delivering on our financial and non-financial performance measures.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
We are looking for an experienced financial professional who can be strategic, innovative and deliver the end-to-end planning and reporting function.
You will be accountable for leading the delivery of performance information and advice to allow the Ministry to ensure resources are optimised in meeting its work. Performance information includes both financial and non-financial information which allows assessment against our accountability documents.
You will be responsible for supporting high quality strategic advice on the Ministry's strategic direction, working with the business to implement and monitor the organisation's strategy and reporting to key stakeholders on the Ministry's performance.
This is a rewarding and exciting role that will appeal to someone who is highly motivated, has a drive for success and a commitment to delivering results.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- Senior experience in leading and managing a Finance team responsible for financial and non-financial performance information
- Proven understanding of government accountability and legislative requirements related performance management
- Senior strategic finance capability, including governments budget bid process
- Experience in managing the implementation of complex projects and programmes, managing risks and business analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal), at all levels across government and public sector markets
- Likely to have an academic qualification in Finance (CA or equivalent) or economics
- Experience with Treasury's Budget process
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills, quickly building credibility and trust
- The ability to see the "big picture" and understand the strategic context of our mahi
- Commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary Range
Salary range for this role is $155,491 to $190,044 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- active employee networks including Māori, Asian, Neurodivergent, Women, Pasifika, Rainbow
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Arun Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a copy of the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisement and position description.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
From 18, May 2022 we have suspended our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. A My Vaccine Pass is no longer required by employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors. However, the policy may be reinstated if new public health advice comes to hand or a new variant emerges.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Wednesday 28th September 2022 @ 5pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||Manager - Insights Planning and Performance PD 2022.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.