Whakatakanga Kairuruku Matua | Senior EPMO Coordinator at Ministry for the Environment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 12 Month Fixed Term / Parental Leave Cover
- Supportive environment
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
If you have exceptional coordination skills and passionate about helping others to be effective, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
We are looking for a talented and highly organised senior coordinator to play a pivotal role in supporting the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) function. You will be a highly pro-active member of our EPMO team, enabling others and helping to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
You will provide professional, efficient and high level coordination and administrative support to the Director and wider team to achieve desired outcomes. This includes taking ownership of reviewing key planning, monitoring and reporting tools up-to-date and managing the Planview platform, including licenses and provider support.
If you're a natural organiser, love building relationships and want to work in a collaborative environment, this role is for you!
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- experience in a similar role is desirable
- strong programme and project management skills
- a high level of knowledge of project management disciplines, with proven delivery in a public policy/regulatory environment
- outstanding organisation and planning skills
- a high level of initiative and energy to bring the team together
- great communication and relationship management skills
- a strong customer focus with good attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori
- skills in using Excel and Project software is desirable.
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary Range
Salary range for this role is $73,280 to $89,565 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- active employee networks including Māori, Asian, Neurodivergent, Women, Pasifika, Rainbow
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require a copy of the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisement and position description.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Tuesday 4th October 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior EPMO Coordinator Position Description March 2022.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.