Review Officer (Evaluation Partner - Schools) at NZ Education Review Office, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Review and Improvement Services group (multiple locations, flexible work options)
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e ngākau nui ana ki ā tātou tamariki, mokopuna hoki. E rapu ana Te Tari Arotake Mātauranga i ētahi ringa raupā ka whai wāhi atu ki te arotake i ngā kura auraki.
Are you a successful school principal or senior education leader looking for your next challenge? Do you have the skills, experience, and ambition to work with a wide range of schools and communities to improve the quality of education. As part of ERO you will achieve this through the provision of effective evaluation focused on equity and excellence for all learners?
ERO is seeking to appoint Review Officers to work as Evaluation Partners across multiple locations in Aotearoa New Zealand. These roles are within the Review and Improvement Services group (RIS). RIS works with English-medium schools and their communities to review and report on the quality of education in Aotearoa New Zealand. The work of RIS is underpinned by the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, and that Māori enjoy and achieve education success as Māori. Our values - Poutokomanawa, Whakawhanaungatanga, Mahi Tahi - guide our work.
RIS has vacancies in regional offices for primary school specialists in Auckland, and Hamilton, Wellington, Napier, Christchurch and Dunedin. We are particularly seeking applicants with a strong track record in successful school improvement.
The main focus for RIS Evaluation Partners is to evaluate and build the evaluation capability of schools using Te Ara Huarau, ERO's approach for working with State and State Integrated Schools. More information about Te Ara Huarau can be found on ERO's website Te Ara Huarau; the new approach to evaluation | Education Review Office (ero.govt.nz).
Do you want to:
- join a team of passionate education leaders making a real difference to the lives of every child and young person in Aotearoa New Zealand
- gain rich, varied, unique and exciting insights into the education system
- work flexibly in a friendly, inclusive environment that supports professional agency
- enjoy great induction, professional development and learning opportunities to enhance and develop your skills in evaluation and leadership.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- a demonstrated commitment to biculturalism in Aotearoa New Zealand
- extensive knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum, effective pedagogy and school improvement
- bi- or multi-lingual skills, including competence in two or more of the official languages of Aotearoa New Zealand
- a professional work ethic and the capability to work independently and as part of a team
- great relational and communication skills to work in partnership with schools and their communities
- capability using digital systems and processes to communicate and collaborate - or a willingness to learn
- an open to learning disposition, a positive attitude to change, and a great sense of humour.
No reira, nau mai haere mai.
For more information please contact Recruitment@ero.govt.nz
You can apply online or send your CV, cover letter and completed candidate application form (also available from ERO's website) to Recruitment@ero.govt.nz
Applications close Monday 16 October 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Education Review Office|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.