Principal Advisor Operational Design and Implementation at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Advisor, Operational Design and Implementation (Fixed term, 12 months)
If you're looking for your “why”, then come and join us at the Tertiary Education Commission - Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training, and seek to lift the aspirations and skill base of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
As an experienced Principal Advisor, (ODI) you will join the Unified Funding System Project, part of the Reform of the Vocation Education Programme, the largest transformational change in the tertiary education sector in over 30 years. The Programme is a complex multi-agency, public and private sector programme which will ensure that its key users, in particular, learners and employers, are well supported and continue to thrive through the next 3-5 years as the programme of work to stand up the new components and transition from the current model is completed. It will impact on over 200,000 learners, 8,000 staff, and support the establishment of new entities, including an Institute with over $2 billion in assets and over $1 billion in revenue.
The Unified Funding System Project team's focus is on redesigning the existing funding systems that currently compete in vocational education and training. Working collaboratively with the Ministry of Education the team is supporting the development of policy and is responsible for designing and developing the operational policy that will give effect to a new unified funding system.
What will you be doing?
- Lead work package leads and develop operational policy and processes to ensure the project delivers a Unified Funding System
- Lead the development of and communicate the project's implementation strategy and goals
- Use and gather data and information from our customers - learners, industry bodies, education providers and others in the public sector - to design and develop implementable change
- Work closely with the project stakeholders to make a difference for underserved learners and employers
- Collaborate across the TEC and with other agencies such as the Ministry of Education, MBIE, and NZQA in the development and design of policy, operational policy and implementation
What can you bring?
- Operational policy or implementation experience at the subject matter expert level. Ideally, you will have been involved in and led successful public sector projects from initiation through to implementation.
- Excellent critical thinking and writing skills to enable you to tell the story of the ‘what and why'
- Strong relationship-building skills that enable you to get the most out of interactions with colleagues and key stakeholders
- An ability to select, evidence base research and understand information to support the development of robust strategies and options.
- $140k plus dependent on skills and experience.
Applications close on Sunday 30 January 2022. If this sounds of interest, please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at the Tertiary Education Commission will require the production of evidence, prior to the commencement of work, of a “My Vaccine Pass' issued by the Ministry of Health.
Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Fixed Term - Full time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||RD ROVE UFS Principal Operational Design and Implementation.pdf (PDF, 686KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.