Senior Advisor - Strategic Communications at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor - Strategic Communications
- Join the Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua Corporate Communication whānau
- An opportunity to work in a team that supports an organisation that will have a significant and lasting impact in our education and careers systems.
- A supportive manager, willing to provide exposure to and involvement in the team's work
If you're looking for your “why”, then come and join us at the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC). We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest more than $3 billion every year in tertiary education and training, and seek to lift the aspirations and skills of all New Zealanders from ages seven to 70.
We're looking for a Senior Communications Advisor to join our Corporate Communications team to help us to plan, develop, and deliver written and visual content in an effective way across a range of internal and external platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Planning, delivering and at times leading communications for some of our priority projects.
- Proactively building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Finding stories which demonstrate TEC's priorities, messages, and the difference we make and supporting us to share them with stakeholders or our people in an engaging way. This will include finding imaginative ways of communicating such as video and images.
- Assisting in the day-to-day co-ordination of communications of key messages internally and externally, through a variety of channels including in person events.
- Writing, posting, monitoring and measuring, and reporting the effectiveness of communications channels, including social media posts and website news stories.
- Be part of the operation of a 24/7 media roster.
What will you bring to the role?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to simplify complex ideas and content without losing meaning.
- A friendly, positive personality balanced with calm professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, experience of working in government to the table and understanding our role as part of NZ government.
- The ability to adapt styles to suit different channels and audiences and a creative attitude to problem solving and content creation.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team, across the organisation and with our partner agencies.
What will you get in return?
- Exposure to projects that have a significant impact on our education and careers systems
- A motivated and supportive manager, keen to make the most of your skill set to achieve outcomes for New Zealand
- $86 - 100k+, depending on experience
- A wide range of benefits including flexible working options.
Does this sound like you? Apply now for this great opportunity with your CV and Cover Letter!
Applications close on Sunday 15 May 2022 at 5pm. For more information, or any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand. Appointment to a position at the Tertiary Education Commission will require the production of evidence, prior to the commencement of work, of a "My Vaccine Pass' issued by the Ministry of Health.
Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||Senior Comms Advisor JD April 2022.pdf (PDF, 187KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.