Principal Advisor Planning at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Principal Advisor Planning Delivery and Projects
The TEC - Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government's relationship and $3bn investment in the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and provide career services from education to employment.
We are looking for a Principal Advisor, Planning. This role will report to the Manager Delivery and Projects in our Delivery Directorate. You will be part of the Delivery and Projects leadership team and will hold a significant role within the team and across the Delivery Directorate. You will support the smooth operation of TEC's investment function and other key delivery activities. This is a new role, with the chance to put your stamp on it. If you are highly organised, have a strong drive to get things done, and get on well with people, this is the role for you.
He angitūtanga: What will you do?
- Work across teams, and through the Investment Design Group, to develop and maintain the project plan for the Investment process for the current and upcoming year.
- Assist the Delivery Leadership team to understand work requirements in relation to on-Plan investment, so they can manage their teams' work.
- Support the Manager Delivery and Projects to plan the work of the Delivery & Projects team and coordinate work across the wider Delivery and Strategy & Design Directorate teams.
- Support the Manager Delivery and Projects in relation to other work activity as required, including contributing to reporting and monitoring work, and other Delivery & Projects team activity.
He kōrero mōu: What can you bring?
- A history of successful programme management.
- A disciplined, systematic approach to work with the proven ability to prioritise, meet set deadlines and escalate issues appropriately, and use tools that enable this.
- Excellent negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting, be self-motivated and proactive working under minimal supervision.
- Advanced organisation and time management skills.
- Pragmatism, fresh thinking, and good critical thinking skills.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou:What will you get in return?
- A challenging, exciting, and varied role, with the opportunity to influence work that will have a significant impact on the Tertiary Education system.
- Remuneration $118k+ (plus will depend on skills and experience).
- Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
- Applicants for positions at the Tertiary Education Commission are encouraged to be vaccinated
- Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum
Does this sound like you? Apply now for this fantastic opportunity! Applications close 5pm 23 June 2022. For more information or any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full time|
|Attachment:||RD Delivery and Projects Principal Advisor Planning April 22.pdf (PDF, 225KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.