Test Analyst (Automation) at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Test Analyst (Automation)
Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua, the TEC - is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to build a great life, and ensure New Zealand thrives. We invest over $3 billion annually across the tertiary education and careers systems.
If you're looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training and seek to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
It's an exciting time in the careers and education sector with large scale and meaningful change taking place
We are looking for a Test Analyst (Automation) to join our Web Development team.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
Reporting to the Team Leader Web Development, this is one of two testing roles that is responsible for providing software testing services to the Tertiary Education Commissions digital presence. Develop automated tests using automation tools such as Puppeteer, Test Cafe, Jmeter and Postman/Newman for a range of websites
- Maintenance of current suite of automated tests
- Write test planning documentation that is appropriate for the testing scope
- Plan and perform testing (Manual/ Automated) in CI/CD with a customer first mind set
- Provide defect descriptions with detailed step by step reproduction steps
- Report issues related to usability and accessibility
- Prioritise planned tests based on frequency and impact
- Run manual functional tests to identify defects and candidates for automation
- Run non-functional tests to identify defects and improvements relating to accessibility, security and performance
- Document detailed Test Scripts and Acceptance Criteria appropriate for re-use with test automation
- Work with the team to ensure automated/manual test coverage grows as part of continuous improvement
- Participate in testing peer reviews to ensure good coverage and consistency is met
- Work closely with team to manage environments and deployments
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for:
This is an ideal opportunity for a Test Analyst who possesses strong test coverage to mitigate software issues and risks that ensure a high standard of software quality in its full digital product suite.
You bring the following:
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Experienced writer of automated front end tests
- Experience analyzing and converting User Stories / Functional Requirements into detailed Acceptance Criteria and Test Scripts
- Experience managing releases, merging and deploying code to development environments
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Git
- Appreciation and knowledge of intuitive user interfaces and good UX practices
- Familiarity with documenting detailed and visual defect descriptions
- Familiarity with triaging, prioritising, organising and sizing defects across multiple projects
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you
- Up to three additional (TEC Days) leave days
- A range of benefits including flexible working options, a wellness programme and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A motivated and supportive manager, keen to make the most of your skill set
- Reduced premiums through our Health Insurance Group Scheme
- A focus on Career development and internal opportunities
The salary range for this position starts from $80,000 up to $94,000+ depending on demonstrable skills and experience.
Me pēhea te tuku tono: How to Apply
To view the job description and/or apply for the role, please click Apply For This Job or visit the TEC Careers Portal.
If this sounds like you, please apply now for this great opportunity with your tailored Cover Letter and CV, we welcome your application.
The closing date for this role is 5:00pm 14 August 2022. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand. Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Test Analyst (Automation) JD (003).docx (Word, 730KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.