ICT Content & Training specialist at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mātanga Ihirangi me te Whakangungu: ICT Content & Training Specialist
Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua, the TEC - is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to build a great life, and ensure New Zealand thrives. We invest over $3 billion annually across the tertiary education and careers systems.
If you're looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training and seek to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
It's an exciting time in the careers and education sector with large scale and meaningful change taking place.
Hangaroto me ngā Whakahaerenga: Infrastructure & Operations
The Infrastructure & Operations group are part of our Information Directorate and is made up of three teams: ICT Customer Services, ICT Sourcing & Security, and ICT Cloud Services. We are responsible for ensuring all ICT systems, applications, software are running, up to date and secure. As an organisation, we are currently on a journey of migrating TEC's systems off-premises to the cloud and we are required to ensure that we have the most efficient and effective ways to provide the support our TEC people need to do their work.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
Our ICT Customer Services Team support internal TEC team members by providing first level technical support, sharing information and providing training to improve. We are seeking an ICT Content & Training Specialist to join us and help deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Supporting changes to business processes, documentation and systems
- Contributing to and implementing project deliverables and assisting with embedding good business practice and continuous improvement.
- Creating and maintaining documentation within the ServiceNow self-service portal and ensuring continuity of content, style and context.
- Assessing training needs for new and existing systems, developing training aids such as guides, exercises and handbooks, and scheduling, tracking and reporting on training events.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of collaborative relationships across the organisation and working with subject matter experts and managers in the directorate to ensure deliverables are fit for purpose.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with experience in the following:
- Experience developing, writing, editing and maintaining operational business process and procedure documentation, including content style and context
- Experience working in ServiceNow, specifically related to the knowledge base and self-service portal.
- Experience with staff training including assessing training needs; creating relevant training content/artefacts, developing training aids such as guides, scheduling, tracking and reporting on training, and handling logistics including venues and equipment.
- Experience facilitating training to individuals and groups.
- An understanding of HTML and how to effectively present content to an audience
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to others using plain English
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you
- Three additional (TEC Days) leave days
- A range of benefits including flexible working options, a wellness programme and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A motivated and supportive manager, keen to make the most of your skill set
- Reduced premiums through our Health Insurance Group Scheme
- A focus on Career development and internal opportunities
The salary range for this position is $61,988 to $72,9273+ which is negotiable depending on demonstrable skills and experience
Me pēhea te tuku tono: How to Apply
To view the job description and/or apply for the role, please click Apply For This Job or visit the TEC Careers Portal.
If this sounds like you, please apply now for this great opportunity with your tailored Cover Letter and CV, we welcome your application.
The closing date for this role is 5:00pm 01 December 2022. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Role Description - ICT Training Content Specialist - 10 05 2022.pdf (PDF, 185KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.