Kaitohutohu Tuarua (Paetahi) Analyst Data and Digital at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaitohutohu Tuarua (Paetahi) Analyst Data and Digital
The Tertiary Education Commission | Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government's relationship with the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and provide career services from education to employment.
We are inviting graduates (undergraduate and post-graduate) to apply to join our graduate programme in 2023. One position is available in the Information Directorate for 12 months duration. Please see the attached job description for more information around the function of this Directorate.
It's an exciting time in the careers and education sector with large scale and meaningful change taking place.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to accelerate your career. We offer a great starting salary with six monthly incremental pay rises for the duration of the programme along with:
- Meaningful and interesting work that will provide you with a solid start to your career
- The opportunity to learn and grow your skills in a safe and collaborative space
- Access to a range of training and development opportunities
- A supportive, friendly, and inclusive work environment, with the opportunity to join our various networks and our Waiata and Kapa Haka groups
- Up to three additional (TEC Days) leave days
- A range of benefits including flexible working options, a wellness programme and the ability to purchase extra leave.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
- Use your expertise and knowledge to contribute to the business unit's work programme in a variety of roles including:
- Infrastructure and operations including support, cybersecurity and cloud technologies
- Data analysis and analytics
- Business analysis
- Development, testing and support of data and digital solutions
- Develop your personal and technical competencies through participation in a range of work assignments across the business unit, Directorate, or wider TEC
- Assist with project and BAU work as determined by your Host Manager relating to your qualification and based on the needs of the business
- Gain valuable work experience and coaching from experienced professionals
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the team, organisation and wider public sector.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
- To have graduated by the time the programme starts in 2023 with a degree OR a diploma in Information Technology, Data Science or Software Engineering.
- Graduates who aspire to have careers in the field.
- A keen willingness to develop and/or contribute your knowledge, skills and attributes in your area of expertise and in cultural competencies - particularly Mātauranga Māori or Pacific Island.
- A growth mindset that is open to being challenged and stimulated by new experiences.
- An interest in the work of TEC, NZ Education, and the wider Public Sector.
Me pēhea te tuku tono: How to Apply
To view the job description and/or apply for the role, please click Apply For This Job or visit the TEC Careers Portal.
If this sounds like you, please apply now for this great opportunity with your tailored Cover Letter and your CV. Your CV should detail your ability to meet the role competencies outlined in the job description and details of any accredited skills or work experience. We look forward to receiving your application!
Applications close 5 pm 30 November 2022.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand. Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
You will also need to be located in te whanganui-a-tara Wellington when the programme starts in 2023. This is to ensure we can provide opportunities for collaboration and engagement with in-person mentoring and coaching.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Fixed Term - Full time|
|Attachment:||Role Description Analyst Data and Digital (Grad) 2022.doc (Word, 809KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.