Cloud Engineer (Azure) at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaipūkaha Kapua: Cloud Engineer (Azure)
Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua, the TEC - is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to build a great life, and ensure New Zealand thrives. We invest over $3 billion annually across the tertiary education and careers systems.
If you're looking for your “why”, then come and join us at TEC. We truly believe in the transformational benefits of education and vocational training and as a result we invest $3 billion a year in tertiary education and training and seek to lift the aspirations and skill bases of all New Zealanders from ages 7 to 74.
It's an exciting time in the careers and education sector with large scale and meaningful change taking place.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our ICT Cloud Services Team in the Infrastructure & Operations area. This role has a focus on Azure, with experience in IaC and Terraform.
Hangaroto me ngā Whakahaerenga: Infrastructure & Operations
The Infrastructure & Operations group are part of our Information Directorate and is made up of three teams: ICT Customer Services, ICT Sourcing & Security, and ICT Cloud Services. We are responsible for ensuring all ICT systems, applications, software are running, up to date and secure. As an organisation, we are currently on a journey of migrating TEC's systems off-premises to the cloud and we are required to ensure that we have the most efficient and effective ways to provide the support our TEC people need to do their work.
Ngā Ratonga Kapua ICT: ICT Cloud Services Team
The ICT Cloud Services Team is responsible for the availability and maintenance of cloud services and overall network connectivity back to on-prem. This includes M365 and Azure, LAN/WAN/WiFi, desktop, hardware lifecycle management, patching and version control, and operational support and maintenance. The team is structured in a way where Cloud Engineers are accountable for a specific portfolio or primary area of focus (Azure, M365, Network), but this can be changed to meet business needs, to ensure fresh approaches, and/or to help out colleagues and assist with peaks and troughs of work demand.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
An ideal opportunity for someone who is seeking to be part of a close-knit team to design, implement and support cloud-based systems and applications within a diverse team. You will provide support during TEC's cloud migration journey, through technical leadership as we transition from legacy on-premises to future Azure cloud services
- You'll design, implement and support cloud systems and cloud network solutions for the organisation
- Your knowledge and skills will assist the migration of on-premises to the cloud (Azure)
- This role will have an assigned portfolio/primary area of focus, such as M365, Azure and Network - sharing knowledge and mentoring others in the team.
- This role will work in collaboration with our architects, other technical team members and our customers ensuring we deliver the best possible outcome for the organisation
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with experience in the following:
- Solid cloud experience, ideally Microsoft, and where relevant with recognised Microsoft certificate/qualification(s)
- Experience setting up or migration of on-premises to the cloud (Azure), with experience in IaC and Terraform
- Proven track record of working in both agile and waterfall project environments delivering to tight deadlines
- Experience with measuring, analysing, monitoring, and optimizing cloud performance including cloud system reliability and availability
- Ability to facilitate conversations with a wide variety of internal and external customers - soft skills are critical to this role
- A genuine desire to mentor, guide, and share knowledge with others in the team
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you
- Three additional (TEC Days) leave days
- A range of benefits including flexible working options, a wellness programme and the ability to purchase extra leave.
- A motivated and supportive manager, keen to make the most of your skill set
- Reduced premiums through our Health Insurance Group Scheme
- A focus on Career development and internal opportunities
The salary range for this position is $102,754 to $120,888+ which is negotiable depending on demonstrable skills and experience
Me pēhea te tuku tono: How to Apply
To view the job description and/or apply for the role, please click Apply For This Job or visit the TEC Careers Portal.
If this sounds like you, please apply now for this great opportunity with your tailored Cover Letter and CV, we welcome your application.
The closing date for this role is 5:00pm 08 December 2022. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
The TEC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. We look forward to your application
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Cloud Engineer (Azure).pdf (PDF, 331KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.