Senior Auditor at Tertiary Education Commission, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The TEC Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is a small Crown agency with a big job to do - ensuring New Zealanders have the skills and the knowledge they need to ensure lifelong success to build a great country. We lead the Government's relationship with the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and provide career services from education to employment.
The Monitoring and Crown Ownership team undertakes a wide range of functions that together ensure accountability for the more than $3 billion that TEC invests each year, as well as supporting the tertiary providers we fund to build their capability and support their learners to succeed.
To ensure the funding we provide is administered properly we require a Senior Auditor to assist us in our monitoring work. The team takes an intelligence-led and risk based approach to monitoring, and focuses on educating and supporting the organisations we fund.
What will you be doing?
- Undertaking audits to ensure compliance with both legislative requirements and TEC funding conditions.
- Undertaking audits and checks of specific areas of focus, including funds established to assist in the recovery from COVID-19.Assisting with and undertaking specific investigations into organisations we fund.
- Supporting and contributing to the team's wider work to ensure TEC has a holistic view of tertiary provider performance and risk
What can you bring?
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking audit or investigation activities.
- Understanding of core audit and investigation principles and their application in a regulatory setting.
- Excellent relationship management skills and proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of staff and key external contacts.
What will you get in return?
- An opportunity to work with a high performing and passionate team in an area that is important to the sector, the Commission, and ministers.
- $92,000 - $108,000 depending on experience.
- The TEC offers a range of benefits including, flexible working options and a wellness programme.
Applications close 24 January 2022. If this sounds of interest, please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact HR@tec.govt.nz.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at the Tertiary Education Commission will require the production of evidence, prior to the commencement of work, of a “My Vaccine Pass' issued by the Ministry of Health.
Prior to the Tertiary Education Commission confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tertiary Education Commission|
|Position type:||Permanent - Full time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||RD MCO Senior Auditor January 2022.doc (Word, 790KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.