New Zealand Police
Nga Pirihimana o Aotearoa
TRAINEE ANALYST/INTELLIGENCE ANALYST – BAY OF PLENTY DISTRICT
Vacancy Number 305086
Bay of Plenty Police have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced person to utilize their experience in analysis in a dynamic area of Policing. Analytical experience and excellent writing skills are essential.
You'll be adaptable, enthusiastic, flexible and a fast learner who can easily come to grips with different business needs and processes. Your excellent communication skills will enable you to work across multiple business units.
Police is committed to career development within the Intelligence arena and offers a supportive learning environment. Police has an Intelligence career structure and there are opportunities for progression.
The successful Applicant must have below technical skills:
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct analysis of the environment including patterns and trends, drawing conclusions and justifying recommendations (as demonstrated by work examples).
- Demonstrates analytical skills working with ambiguous information and adding value to information obtained.
- Demonstrates strong and effective communication skills including the ability to write clearly and succinctly and present work in a style that effectively influences the target audience.
- Aptitude, suitability and skills required for the role will be assessed through testing. An exemption from skills testing may be granted if the applicant holds formal certification in Microsoft Office skills e.g. Microsoft Office Specialist in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain an SECRET security clearance.
- Applicants will be required to meet the requirements for this position defined in the Professional Development in Intelligence Programme (PDIP) including completing mandatory training and CPD.
- In the event of operational emergencies, on short notice applicants may be required to:
- Work outside normal business hours
- Travel domestically
- Relocate temporarily for unknown duration
- The successful applicant must hold a NZ National Diploma in Intelligence Analysis or equivalent. If the NDIA is not held, the applicant must have 2-3 years of intelligence experience and be able to complete and submit the NDIA modules within 12 months of employment.
- If the successful applicant does not hold the NDIA or the commensurate experience, they will be appointed as a Trainee Intelligence Analyst.
Applicants must hold permanent residency or be New Zealand citizen.
How to apply?
To apply online for this vacancy, please send applications to email@example.com (Please include vacancy 305086 in the subject heading).
For your application to be successful, please ensure you complete the following;
- Application form which can be accessed by clicking here. Alternately, they can be found by going to (Police website > Jobs > Job application help and resources > Application form for Police staff vacancies > Job application form).
- Chronological CV (no more than 4 pages).
- Work samples must be submitted for assessment (refer to the ‘Guidelines for Applicants for Analyst Positions in Intelligence’ on the Police Website)
You will receive an automated email confirming the delivery of your application. If you do not receive this, please re-submit.
This Vacancy will close at 5 pm on 2 December 2016.
Please view the attached Position Description for more information.