NZ Ministry of Education
JD.docx (Word, 115KB)
He ngākau nui tāu ki ngā mātauranga Māori? Kua whai hononga kē ki ngā rūnanga, ki ngā kāhui whakahaere kaupapa Māori o te takiwā nei?
E rapu ana mātou i tētahi tangata hei māngai mō te Tāhuhu o Te Mātauranga kia whakateretere i te kaupapa Māori o te rohe nei.
Sector Enablement and Support
Sector Enablement and Support (SE&S) is the key interface between the ministry and education providers. It is our role to ensure that sector leaders and the communities in which they operate have access to the expertise, programmes and resources that will allow our children and young people to reach their full potential.
We give effect to government and ministry policy and support education and community leadership within a self managing system, to bring about the positive changes required to lift aspiration, and raise educational achievement for all.
Strategic Māori Adviser Role
The Strategic Adviser works to ensure an integrated focus on Māori achievement is delivered, understood and strategies are in place locally. They work with leaders and staff to accelerate Māori achievement.
The role provides strategic advice and leadership across the region to help the organisation accelerate Māori educational achievement, seeking equity outcomes and the promotion of Māori identity, language and culture and to support the Director of Education to lead engagements with iwi and Māori stakeholders.
About the person
We are looking for person who has:
• Developed networks, credibility and relationships with iwi and Māori organisations
• Ability in te reo Māori that enables the Strategic Adviser to communicate effectively when required at a level acceptable to the audience.
• Possesses well developed critical thinking and sound judgement, in particular, the ability to analyse information, develop options and think strategically
• Ability in te reo Māori that enables the Strategic Adviser to communicate effectively when required at a level acceptable to the audience
• Skilled in leading and motivating others, able to challenge, facilitate, supervise and coach leaders to increase capacity for excellence, and where necessary, change.
• Knowledge of the education sector would be helpful.
For further information please contact Jann Marshall on 06 349-6352.
Applications close Friday 2 December 2016.