NZ Ministry of Justice
Job Description.pdf (PDF, 440KB)
Information Architect, Information and Business Intelligence Team, National Office
Join a high performing team delivering technical thought leadership in the information management and data analytics space. This role is based in Wellington.
As an expert in your field, you will engage directly with the business and ICT. Reporting to the Director of Information and Business Intelligence, your mandate is to deliver business value. You will develop relationships with key business and technology managers, facilitate valuable conversations to identify their pain points, bottlenecks and requirements. You will understand the value of information to the business, identify risk and/or opportunity. You will work to transform the way business intelligence solves business problems, and adds value to organisational goals.
Key deliverables include:
• Information management; overall governance of how all types of information is used to support decision-making, business processes and digital services
• Analytics; using various methods including visualisation to explain data and insights to business users.
• Data management; drives the development of innovative ways of managing the information assets of the organisation to support the development and secure operation of existing and new information and digital services.
• Information assurance; the protection of integrity, availability, authenticity, and confidentiality of information and data in storage and in transit, managing risk to ensure stakeholder confidence.
• Solution architecture; design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated information solutions that meet current and future business needs.
• Thought leadership; applying leading edge industry concepts to your business environment.
• Deliver strategic advice; communicate to the business in their own language.
Your experience will include:
• Operating at a senior level in the Business Intelligence and Information Management space providing leadership and advice.
• Building and maintaining a range of effective business relationships internally and a wide network of professional relationships across the broader industry.
• Analysing complex information to enable decision making.
• Establishing information architecture and leading its adoption to build organisational knowledge.
This Ministry is on the path to becoming a leader in business intelligence. With support from the Chief Executive, there is the real opportunity for your innovative ideas to be put into practice. The team is becoming recognised for solving common system-wide challenges, and would welcome further fresh ideas. This is your opportunity to cement your reputation as a ground breaking, industry expert.
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close 5pm Friday 2 December 2016.