Are you searching for a GIS role with a difference? One where you can stamp your mark and lead the maintenance, enhancement and transformation of geospatial capability for a unit of the New Zealand Defence Force?
As Geospatial Service Delivery Manager you’ll lead the Unit’s geospatial capability and deliver across the enterprise for all operations and training to meet current and future requirements. You’ll be responsible for ensuring customer’s needs are translated into geospatial solutions with high levels of quality and serviceability. You’ll be fully utilised in this unique, diverse and rewarding position where the products and geospatial solutions you deliver will be used by soldiers on the ground.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Geospatial subject matter expertise with advanced technical skills, preferably in the ESRI ArcGIS suite;
- An employment record indicating professionalism, self-motivation, initiative, flexibility, and the willingness to support special operations;
- Experience turning customer requirements into effective geospatial solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people from within the military as well as civilian agencies and contractors;
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills to manage and balance multiple demands with the ability to work unsupervised;
- Experience of working within a military/ commercial/ corporate GIS environment;
- A relevant tertiary qualification containing courses in GIS or Geospatial related studies, Information Technology, or evidence of equivalent knowledge gained by industry; and
- Willingness to travel domestically and overseas, if required.
- Experience leading an enterprise GIS or creating and managing GIS web applications and services using server technology.
In return for your experience, we can reward you with a competitive total remuneration of between $88,555 to $109,391, depending on experience, as well as an in-house superannuation scheme, five weeks annual leave, free gym and training facilities, free off-street parking, a unique working environment where you’ll be part of a high-performing team, and the potential to serve your country as a civilian on overseas deployment. This position is rarely advertised for a reason. Apply now!
Please quote NZDF-1611051 in all correspondence. To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please use the links on this page. For further information, contact Telisa Jacobsen on (021) 193 3597, quoting NZDF-1611051.
Applications close at 12:00pm on Monday 5 December 2016.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.