Ministry for Primary Industries
BPSS Senior Business Adviser PD.pdf (PDF, 166KB)
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Adviser with management accounting or cost accounting expertise to join us and help the Ministry achieve its vision of “Growing and Protecting New Zealand”
In this role, you'll be:
- Investigating and analysing current business data, operations, procedures and strategies
- Contribute to the review and monitoring of branch and directorate financial performance measures
- Providing the management team with business data and analysis that enhance sound decision-making
- Input into the review and implementation of cost recovery regimes
- Inputting activity based costing which relates to a costing methodology that identifies activities in an organisation and assigns the cost of each activity with resources to all products and services according to the actual consumption by each
- Assigning activity based management which relates to a method of identifying and evaluation of activities that a business performs using activity based costing to carry out a value chain analysis or re-engineering initiative to improve strategic and operational decisions in an organisation
- If you have a fundamental understanding of the construction and practice of budgets, allocation of costs, the principle of cost drivers and good language skills to be able to analyse and describe the issue/cause of a variance - this is the perfect role for you!
We are looking for a Senior Business Adviser to provide detailed analysis, reporting; and identification of risks. This role will also support the development of new and improved business processes with in the Regulation & Assurance (R&A) Branch and to develop branch specific information to meet MPI requirements.
As a Senior Business Adviser you will be expected to deal with issues relatively independently and to demonstrate initiative. You will have the ability to challenge the status quo and to look for innovative solutions to problems. The role involves working across the Ministry, with other agencies, and engaging with primary industry, so you will also have the skills and experience in managing relationships and successfully consulting with others.
You will be working within a team to deliver business analysis services and you will have the opportunity to work on new and interesting projects that will help our Ministry to achieve its goals. You will need to have the drive and initiative to pick up new ideas and to positively contribute to the Regulation & Assurance Branch and MPI as a whole.
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification
- Have an understanding of business systems
- Have a management accounting or cost accounting background
- Be Finance and IT savvy
- Have strong analytical abilities
- Be comfortable working across business groups and with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Nancy Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to read the position description or apply, please click through to our website where you can view the position description and make an application by uploading your CV and cover letter.
Applications close 8 December October 2016 at 5 pm.