NZ Ministry of Justice
Court Security Officer (Part time 20 Hours per week), Porirua District Court
Please note there is a requirement to complete the attached self assessment form, when applying for this role.
• Do you love to meet new people from all walks of life?
• Are you passionate about keeping people safe?
• Are you committed to providing excellent customer service?
• Are you calm under pressure?
The role of the Court Security Officer is a very important one in the day-to-day running of the court system. There are plenty of visitors to the Court on any given day – staff, the Judiciary and members of the public as well as other stakeholders such as Police and Corrections. You will need to draw on all your skills and past experiences to fulfil this very important role. You will need to be a great negotiator and the type of person who can relate to all types of people to defuse a situation. You will need to assist court users and to monitor court activities. You’ll handle it all with the utmost professionalism.
About the team and the role
We’re looking for the right person to join the national Technical and Judicial Security team. You’ll be based out of the Porirua court. This team assesses local security requirements, and plans and implements strategies nationally to maintain the safety and security of all court users and buildings owned and operated by the Ministry of Justice.
• Provide outstanding customer service for all court users
• Undertake regular security screening for court users
• Patrolling and building maintenance checks
• Respond professionally to identify, and act to defuse tense situations and respond to security incidents appropriately
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who:
• Can provide excellent customer service for all court users • Can identify and act appropriately to defuse tense situations and respond to security incidents
• Maintains a high degree of vigilance to maintain a secure environment in court precincts
• Is committed to providing excellent customer service
• Is resilient, and has an ability to engage with distressed, disgruntled and sometimes hostile customers to defuse and control situations
• Has excellent judgement and decision making ability
• Full clean NZ Drivers License
• Has great computer skills and the ability to learn and use access control and CCTV systems
• Salary indication - $37,983 to $44,685
To apply, complete the application form and Self Assessment Form, attaching your CV, Self-Assessment Form and cover letter. Applications close on Friday 9 December 2016.