Business Analyst at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Business Analyst - Health, Safety and Security
Wellington based, Permanent
About us - Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children is the Ministry that supports children and young people in New Zealand. Oranga Tamariki has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do and works to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of children and young people.
About the role - Mō te tūnga
We are building capability within the Health, Safety and Security team and we are seeking a motivated and driven team player who is looking for an opportunity to grow their skill set.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our Health, Safety and Security team. You will be responsible for collecting and analysing data from a variety of sources in order to advise and inform the organisation of health safety and security risks across the Ministry. In addition, you will be a major contributor towards a software and process upgrade.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Experience in Data Analysis with the ability to retrieve and compile large amounts of data and statistics and reach sound conclusions
- Able to interrogate information management systems, Excel, Power BI and other Data Analysis tools
- Ability to create dashboards and other visual aids in order to communicate and present trends and statistics to varying audiences
- Proven experience writing reports and providing technical advice in an engaging and informative way to a wide variety of stakeholder's.
- Strong team player with a collaborative working style who brings fresh and new ideas.
- Ability to develop and document new frameworks and processes
- Proven Business Analyst skills including elicitation, stakeholder engagement, process mapping and current and future state analysis.
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi. Come join us - Tūhono mai
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about role, please contact Gaynor.Brymer@OT.govt.nz
Applications close on Sunday, 1 November 2020.
To find out more about this role, you can view the position description below:
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.