Senior Researcher - Survey Focus at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
About the team:
Inland Revenue's Customer Insight and Evaluation (CIE) team is making a difference. We're the storytellers, data wranglers, evaluators and insight seekers who analyse with rigour, challenge thinking, and inspire action resulting in tangible differences for IR and our customers.
We love what we do, and we're looking for someone who loves what they do too.
About the role:
- Work independently and with others in the team to design, implement and report on customer surveys.
- Be part of a team and organisation that is genuine about achieving positive outcomes for IR and our customers.
- You'll be a go-to person in the Group and wider organisation for projects that involve robust quantitative survey research.
This is a fixed term position until December 2021.
We are open to negotiating your work location preferably in either Wellington, Auckland or Hamilton.
We expect to appoint in the salary range of between $98,300 and $120,819 per annum depending on your level of skills and experience.
What we're looking to see in your background:
- Substantial proven experience in research and insight roles.
- Demonstrable understanding of survey methodologies, including design, questionnaire development, analysis and reporting.
- An ability to get to the underlying business problem, ensuring we're designing a research approach that's fit-for-purpose and delivers actionable solutions.
- Experience leading projects that involve quantitative surveys and building capability and supporting less-experienced staff to deliver similar projects.
- A willingness to change and learn, as you and the team embrace new ways of working and new ways of delivering insights to the business.
- The ability to comfortably communicate at all levels. This means you're confident getting up and speaking in front of a group, discussing potentially complex information in an audience-appropriate manner. You're also comfortable writing formal or structured documentation in a clear and simple style.
- You'll have warmth and enthusiasm, a passion for all thing's surveys and excellent interpersonal skills.
Why join us?
It's important to us that you feel comfortable in bringing your whole self to work; the team here are diverse and we love it. Having flexibility in your day, based on trust and delivery, is also important to us.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the 'apply online' button and attach your current cv and cover letter telling us about the experience you'll bring to the role, as well as what motivated you to apply.
Please contact Karen Stewart, Recruitment Advisor at Karen.Stewart@ird.govt.nz to receive a copy of the role description (Intelligence & Insight Specialist Level 2)
Applications close 5 pm Thursday 28 January 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.