Domain Lead (L2) - People Strategy & Capability at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Use your expertise to provide strategic leadership of the design, development and implementation of workforce strategies and frameworks that maximise Inland Revenue's performance through its people.
Inland Revenue is an essential part of the fabric of New Zealand. We collect most of the revenue that our government needs to fund and administer the significant social and economic policy programmes that provide support and care for the people of this country.
As a Domain Lead (L2) - People Strategy & Capability you will lead the People & Workplace Services Teams responsible for Organisational Capability, Organisational Development and Talent & People Analytics.
In this challenging role you will:
- Work with Public Service Commission (PSC) and other agencies to establish and implement best practice in Organisational Design and Capability Development.
- Work with the business, other parts of IR, wider Enterprise Services and other areas of P&WS to understand organisational strategy and ensure Organisational Design anticipates and keeps pace with potential capability gaps.
- Ensure a customer-centric and intelligence-led approach is taken to the design and development of workforce strategies, frameworks, initiatives and tools.
- Ensure workforce frameworks, initiatives and tools are targeted towards critical workforce issues and opportunities, with clearly articulated benefits and an evaluation plan that measures effectiveness.
- Ensure the Technical L&D team has sufficient business direction to ensure the delivery of successful outcomes.
- Ensure the most effective combinations of workforce levers are used to maximise organisational performance through people.
You will need:
- A proven ability in shifting organisational culture and leading people through organisational change.
- Considerable expertise and experience in the leadership of contemporary HR disciplines, including a thorough understanding of workforce development and change strategies and interventions that make a positive difference to organisational performance.
- Proven ability to harness talent and get the best out of their people.
- An understanding of the importance of harnessing data and information to inform decision-making.
- An appreciation of modern recruitment practices and the role of social media.
- A good understanding of the Public Sector landscape and, in particular, the roles of PSC and LDC.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to establish and maintain effective relationships across all levels and with a range of stakeholders and customers.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and persuading skills.
We are looking for a strong leader and strategic thinker who is highly collaborative and can drive high standards of performance by setting a clear direction, empowering and engaging people
This is your opportunity to innovate and challenge yourself in a world-class service organisation. We offer an agile environment and flexible work practices where you'll be encouraged to innovate and prioritise your professional development to achieve your career goals.
Please apply online, attach a copy of your CV and a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role requirements as outlined in the Role Description.
For specific queries or a copy of the role description, please email SelectionFOM@ird.govt.nz.
Please note that we are flexible on location for this position.
Applications close 5pm Monday 8th March 2021
At Inland Revenue, we truly embrace diversity and inclusion and promote a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of our people and business.
We have trust and integrity - we innovate to make a difference - we value people - we work together
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.