Data Technology Designer at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- You'll be involved in the full grunt of data technology and practices
- Guiding the application of new technology trends for business intelligence and data warehouse design and delivery
- You're a techanologist at heart with strong relationship and influencing skills
ACC's vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. ACC is driving the delivery of a major programme of work to transform our organisation and deliver enhanced customer experience and better outcomes for our customers. ACC's Technology and Transformation group are playing a key role, adopting cloud technologies and agile methodologies to enhance our digital presence - as well as leveraging advanced analytics to support smart decision making.
The data technology designer role is the ideal opportunity for a forward thinking, ambitious and experienced professional to join ACC at a time of transformational change. You will be working closely with the Information Framework and Assurance Team to support ACC's contribution to the NZ Government Open Data and Information Programme. The role proactively contributes to improving access to data at ACC and evolving best practice for the use of new and emerging data technology, so your vast knowledge of new and emerging technologies and solutions will support our strategic goal to become a data-driven organisation.
We are looking for someone who has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to form strong relationships and influence across different stakeholder levels, with a proven track record in influencing business outcomes through using data or technologies. As a data technology designer, you will be responsible for designing or co-ordinating optimal, consistent, well documented data services, ETLs, data components and standards to be used in our existing and evolving data technologies.
Your focus will be the data services needed to operate an enterprise grade Power BI capability. You will lead the evolution of that capability in an agile environment.
What we're looking for the following:
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in business intelligence and data visualisation using data warehousing and big data technologies
- Minimum three years with experience in operation and administration of enterprise visualisation technologies including Power BI
- Experience of administration practices for enterprise grade Power BI services including monitoring usage, establishment of operational practices and scripts
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI software suite and knowledge and experience with cloud based data technologies
- Skilled in data source profiling, interpretation of patterns and trends, assessment of and improvement of data quality, visualization tools and techniques to share analysis findings
- Knowledge of or experience with New Zealand Government mandates, strategies, standards and initiatives for Information such as the Open Data and Information Mandate, New Zealand Data Futures Forum, NZ Stats IDI, Public Records Act
- Strong ability to understand business requirements and determine the data requirements
- Knowledgeable about current technology trends and directions and how they apply to data technology and business intelligence
- A tertiary qualification or diploma in business, computing or similar relevant subject
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, demonstrating flexibility
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome applications from people of every ethnicity, national origin, gender orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and/or status as an individual with a disability. It's important to us that people bring their whole selves to work.
To support an inclusive workplace we have:
- Employee networks:
- Women's Network
- Cross-Cultural Network
- The Mind Network
- ACC's Maori Strategy, Whaia te Tika
- Development opportunities in te reo Maori me nga tikanga
- Advocates in the disability sector
- Diversity and Inclusion Approach
- Support Maori by partnering with iwi and other Maori entities.
Applications will run through to Wednesday, 28 April 2021 but please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we may move forward with our pre-screening process. Applications will only be accepted when submitted through our Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com
Please review the position description by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/680991_Other.pdf
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.