Principal HR Advisor at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Puni Kōkiri is the Government's principal policy advisor on Māori wellbeing and development. The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand).
The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and our ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation. We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Māori voices to decision makers and we invest with Maori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
We have a vacancy in our Human Resources & Capability team for a Principal Advisor. This is a full time permanent position based in our National Office, Wellington.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Lead and manage human resources learning and development programmes and projects
- Provide high quality HR advice and recommendations to the managers of Te Puni Kōkiri
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on the current status of projects and identify risks
- Provide mentoring to the human resources advisory team
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management, Business or similar
- Experience working in the Public Sector
- A knowledge of Adult Education principles and Organisational Design theory and practice
- Significant experience in Public Service Human Resource or Training and Development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed relationship management skills to work with a broad range of people including senior management staff, other agencies, service providers and external contractors
- Influencing skills
Applications close Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||2021 04 07 JD HR Principal.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.