Regional Change Lead - Canterbury at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have an incredible opportunity for a Regional Change Lead in each of our regions to come and join Oranga Tamariki. These roles will integrate nationally led changes with regional priorities and drive future focused operational planning, building change expertise and providing advocacy for regions.
This role is based in the Canterbury region, working across our Christchurch, Ashburton and South Canterbury Service for Children and Family sites as well as the regional office. With the Regional Leadership Team located in Christchurch the ideal candidate would also be based there, however we are happy to consider other locations within the region for the right candidate, as there will be the expectation that you travel frequently around the region to support kaimahi within the Services for Children & Families, Youth Justice, Care, and Partnering for Outcomes service lines.
About us | Mō mātou
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The work you will lead in this role will make an important difference for tamariki and rangatahi in Aotearoa. You will be involved in:
- Integrating regional change plans with the national change calendar to ensure visibility of all locally, regionally and nationally led change
- Building regional change capabilities with colleagues, partners and kaimahi
- Maintaining sound knowledge and understanding of local issues & kaimahi readiness/change capacity levels across all services and functions of Oranga Tamariki
- Working collaboratively with an in-depth knowledge of collective impact approaches
- Building opportunities to connect and develop joined up responses, being able to facilitate 'zooming in' and 'zooming out' of systems
- Being an advocate & early feedback loop for regions engaging with national change programmes, sharing experiences and feedback for early amendment of delivery models and methods.
- Supporting national and regional change programmes to be communicated, delivered & embedded
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
We have a lot of important work to do, so to be successful you will be:
- Experienced in change management including readiness and impact assessments, stakeholder engagement, communications, learning, change leadership and people readiness
- A great communicator who can easily engage, build credibility and influence a diverse range of people
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of Te Ao Māori, and working with Māori communities
- Able to build and maintain a strong knowledge of local operating contexts and how these impact on change delivery
- Have a strong people centric focus
- Highly resilient, things don't always go to plan and you will need to be able to change tack as needed
- Willing and courageous to have the uncomfortable conversation while respecting the mana of people
- A strong facilitator and highly collaborative
- Experienced working in a complex environment and have an ability to work across diverse teams with competing priorities
- Tolerance of ambiguity, emerging sense making and power sharing.
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
How to apply | me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs. If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Application close: Tuesday 18 May
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Regional Change Lead PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.