Manager Residence Operations at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time, Korowai Manaaki, Manurewa - Auckland
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the Residence| E pa ana ki te Kāenga
Our Youth Justice Residences provide a safe, secure and supportive environment where rangatahi in our care can make changes to get their lives back on track. Korowai Manaaki is one of five Youth Justice Residences operating across Aotearoa that operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week providing residential placements and programmes for rangatahi aged 13 to 19 years who have been charged with or convicted of an offence.
Our vision at Korowai Manaaki is to facilitate a unique, culturally focused, therapeutic, safe and restorative care environment that enables rangatahi to strengthen their connection with whānau, hapū, iwi and their culture; and develop the skills to make positive decisions to support them to flourish and transform their lives, reducing the risk of reoffending.
Korowai Manaaki is strongly focused on achieving positive change in rangatahi through education, skill development, vocational programmes, and therapeutic and cultural interventions using a Māori world centric view (Te Ao Māori). Our overall goal is that rangatahi who come into our care are positively integrated back into their community and reduce the risk of reoffending with their mana restored.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
As a member of the Residence Leadership Team, you will assist the Residence Manager in the direction and oversight of the various operational functions of the Residence.
As well as leading the team that is responsible for delivering quality youth justice services in the Residence, you will also oversee the operations of the accommodation units and related systems within the Residence whilst ensuring compliance with legislation, regulations and Ministry policies and procedures. You will ensure that staff and resources are managed appropriately to meet the needs of the young people.
The Manager Residence Operations will be the immediate response to incidents and coordinate all responses. They will ensure structured days that are stimulating and purposeful to meet the individual needs of young people, balanced units (safe mix), risk mitigation and continuous learning to improve overall performance.
In addition this role will be on call every second week/end providing senior leadership to the Residence after hours and nationally if required.
The role will involve:
- Management and leadership in a supportive Te Ao Māori environment
- Management and oversight of the day to day operations of Korowai Manaaki
- Fostering people development through coaching and mentoring
- Building a culturally competent and effective team through ongoing cultural development and support
About you | Mōu
To apply for this role, you must demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience in people management and proven ability to effectively lead others
- Risk management experience within a complex regulatory environment, including interpretation and application of legislation and statutory powers
- Highly skilled in all aspects of operational management activities
- A commitment to Oranga Tamariki's Māori cultural framework
- Aptitude to provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and enhancing capability in people
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to successfully engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
Applications close: 18 May 2021
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter through our careers site.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mirko.Tojaga@ot.govt.nz
If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please register or log in using your Oranga Tamariki e-mail address.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Manager Residence Operations Youth Justice - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.