Capability and Outcomes Specialist at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent role
- Wellington based role
Here at Inland Revenue (IR) we are well advanced into a multi-year business transformation which will modernise our entire operation. As a customer-centric organisation, IR's goal is to give customers the best possible experience when using the NZ tax system. This is resulting in significant changes to how we operate and engage with customers, and the way that our people undertake their work.
The Policy and Regulatory Stewardship (PaRS) team advises Government on a range of tax and social policy issues. We research and develop policy options, and present policy recommendations to senior officials and Ministers. We also prepare the legislation arising from those policy recommendations and support it through the legislative process.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Capability and Outcomes Specialist who will provide advice and analysis to support strategic planning and business performance and champion our customer-centric and intelligence-led culture.
As the Capability and Outcomes Specialist, you will:
- Work across PaRS and IR to optimise the work programme, workflow and capability to support the right outcomes for our people, our customers, and IR.
- Understand, analyse and report on the impacts of initiatives, projects and other environmental factors that affect our policy business to inform quality decision making.
- Manage and monitor performance outcomes and risks and make recommendations to support better business and customer outcomes.
- Work with leaders to plan and determine performance outcomes and identify resource requirements, interdependencies and opportunities across PaRS and IR to deliver on plans.
- Develop and implement appropriate solutions and organisational processes to enhance business performance.
- Provide advice and leadership to your business area to inform quality decision making.
The ideal candidate would be able to develop and maintain planning and reporting for work programme and workforce management. You would also be adept at partnering and providing advice, to a range of customers.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- provide advice and analysis to support planning and performance reporting, from strategic to the operational level.
- Create and deliver timely, meaningful reporting, demonstrating your workforce planning and overall decision-making capabilities.
- develop solutions for stakeholders to aid and enhance their decision-making.
- Manage and monitor performance outcomes, risks and opportunities, then proactively make recommendations and deliver these to support better business and customer outcomes.
- Build strong relationships and work in a networked manner within PaRS and across IR.
- Develop and implement solutions in line with organisational approaches, and continuously improve process and system performance.
To learn more, please refer to the Role Brief for this position, email IRDcareers@ird.govt.nz. To apply, please provide your current Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter outlining the skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role, and click 'apply online'.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 17 May 2021.
Inland Revenue welcomes applicants from all walks of life and we want all our people to achieve their full potential. We support flexible working that meets the needs of our people and our business. Let us know if you need any information about the role or any support throughout the recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.