Principal Advisor - Governance and Accountability at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Bring your knowledge and experience to help drive our busy Governance and Accountability team.
- Opportunity to help shape the direction of this brand-new team
- Work closely with senior leaders, Ministers and the Office of the Secretary
- Exciting newly created role with scope to make a real difference
As Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to tiakitanga to make New Zealand a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate individual to join our new Governance and Accountability team as a Principal Advisor - Governance and Accountability. In this role you will provide intellectual thought leadership in relation to all activity generated from the Governance and Accountability Team. This includes the delivery of the organisational strategy, governance oversight, prioritisation, accountability documentation and reporting. You will be politically savvy and nimble in order to respond to the many interesting issues coming your way. You will also be highly creative, energetic and deeply knowledgeable about strategy, planning and performance as key components of organisational performance and accountability.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Bring your original thinking to everyday issues and challenge the status quo
- Shape the decision-making process through ensuring strong governance
- Support the future direction of our planning and reporting approach
- Help develop the team cohort and value proposition of the Governance and Accountability team.
What you will bring:
- A sound knowledge of the machinery of government, including accountability and reporting processes
- The ability to turn the complex into something manageable and easily understandable
- The ability to communicate succinctly and with influence, verbally and in writing
- A considerable background in organisational planning and reporting
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive in a face-paced, complex and ambiguous environment
- Experience leading significant programmes of work.
In return we can offer you:
- Work within a collaborative and high‑performing team
- Interesting and exciting work across a range of areas with opportunities to bring new ideas
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work life balance so talk to us about flexible working.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail and for more information please contact Sian Hilton, Team Assistant at email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday 17 May. All applications must be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||[Job Description] Principal Advisor Governance and Accountability - November 2020.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.