Analyst - International Team at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Have a front row seat to NZ's participation in the global economy at a time of significant change.
- Play a key part in supporting New Zealand's trade and economic relationships
- Contribute to an interesting and diverse policy work programme
- Be surrounded by a supportive, passionate and curious team
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to tiakitanga to make New Zealand a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
We are seeking someone to join our International team as an Analyst. You will report to the Team Leader, International and will be part of a high performing and engaged team.
Our priority is to ensure that everyone in the team has an interesting mix of work that also gives them good development stretch. You will work across different components of the team's work programme, including:
- Supporting the Minister of Finance's governance role in international financial institutions
- Treasury's interests in Free Trade Agreement negotiations
- Funding for foreign affairs and overseas development assistance
- Implementation of Overseas Investment Act reforms
- New Zealand's APEC host year
Working in the International team will provide you an opportunity to:
- Regularly engage with Ministers and senior leaders across the public sector
- Enhance your relationship management skills collaborating with a range of agencies on international issues, including Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Hone your intellectual leadership and analytical skills in a supportive and collaborative environment. The Treasury provides significant scope to bring new ideas and analysis into policy discussions
- Prepare yourself for a more senior role through stretch opportunities, a focus on personal development, and a range of personalised training
- Engage with international counterparts, though current travel settings mean it is unclear when any overseas travel will be possible again
The successful candidate will have:
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues and concepts clearly, succinctly and with influence
- Experience thinking critically and analytically, developing solutions to complex problems
- Enthusiasm for developing their policy analysis skills in a new area
- An interest in international relations, including international economics
- An ability to be a generous, team player operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to hold a New Zealand Government Security Clearance
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. The Treasury values diversity and inclusion and encourages a positive work/life balance with flexible work arrangements and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
Please see the Job Description for further details. For more information regarding this role please contact Conor McBride - Team Leader, International at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 27 June. All applications must be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||[Job Description] Analyst - November 2020.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.