Senior Analyst - International at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Analyst - International Team
Be surrounded by passionate and curious people & have a front row seat to NZ's participation in the global economy at a time of significant change
- A chance to contribute to an interesting and diverse policy work programme
- Lead advice, and junior staff in one or more of the team's work streams
- Join our supportive, collaborative and high performing team
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to tiakitanga to make New Zealand a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
The International team currently has a permanent position available for a Senior Analyst. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, International and will be part of a high performing and engaged team.
The team has a diverse work programme, and we are focused on providing each person with an interesting mix of work that also gives them good development stretch. This role will provide an opportunity to:
- Lead the International Engagement and/or Trade work programmes
- Contribute to other work across the International team, which may include the implementation of Overseas Investment Act reforms, supporting New Zealand's representation in the international financial institutions, or APEC.
Working in the International team will provide an opportunity to:
- Engage with Ministers and senior leaders across the public sector
- Enhance your relationship management skills collaborating with a range of agencies on international issues, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Hone your intellectual leadership and analytical skills in a supportive and collaborative environment. The Treasury provides significant scope to bring new ideas and analysis into policy discussions
- Develop your leadership skills through coaching junior staff, and support the manager to run the team
- Prepare yourself for a more senior role through stretch opportunities, a focus on personal development, and a range of personalised training
- Engage with international counterparts, though current travel settings mean it is unclear when any overseas travel will be possible again.
This role would suit someone with a tertiary qualification and four years + experience providing policy advice. You'll also bring:
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues and concepts clearly, succinctly and with influence
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills
- A generous, team-player attitude
- Demonstrated ability to lead junior staff
- Critical thinking and strong analytical ability
- Experience working with others to develop agreed solutions to complex problems
- An ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to hold a New Zealand Government Security Clearance
An understanding of economic concepts, as applied to the policy process, and experience working within the New Zealand policy development process (including advising Ministers) would be advantageous.
Queries on the role should be directed to Amy Billit email@example.com
Please apply online by uploading a short CV, and a cover letter outlining why the role is of interest, and your fit for this opportunity.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 8 August 2021. All applications must be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.