Manager Natural History Collections at Te Papa, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Manager Natural History Collections
This is an exciting opportunity to join Te Papa as the Manager Natural History Collections.
Te Papa's Natural History team develop, care for and research collections of plants and animals, documenting the biological richness and complexity of New Zealand's biodiversity and helping in its protection. Through exhibitions, publications, public programmes and learning programmes we strengthen New Zealanders understanding of te taiao, the natural environment.
Underpinned by the principle of Mana Taonga, this position will lead, manage and develop a team of collection management specialists; deliver a focussed collection management work programme; lead projects to increase access to the collections and improve their long-term preservation; promote continuous improvement to the standards of care and documentation of the Natural History collection; and ensure the management of the collection is compliant with all regulatory and health and safety requirements.
To be successful in the role, you'll bring:
- a strong commitment to leading within a bicultural organisation
- at least seven years' experience in a natural history collection management or similar role
- experience in successfully leading a team and/or developing, supporting and directing others to achieve work programme outcomes
- understanding and experience of compliance in relation to biological collections
- experience managing projects and the ability to lead and work collaboratively within project teams
- demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain strong positive working relationships with internal colleagues and external stakeholders
The salary range for this position $95,000 to $115,000. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Applications close 4 August 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||FINAL_PD_Manager_Natural_History_Collections_Dec20.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.