Analyst - Natural Resources at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Help meet the big opportunities and complex challenges that lift living standards for Aotearoa/ New Zealand
- Bring your judgement, knowledge, intellectual flexibility & curiosity to help safeguard the Government's finances and influence economic policy
- Join a highly collaborative and effective team that values a safe environment, diversity and wellbeing.
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to make New Zealand a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
We are looking for an analyst to help us with some of the biggest policy and financial challenges facing Aotearoa/ New Zealand. The Natural Resources team covers policy and finance relating to
- the environment (including resource management reform),
- primary industries (including biosecurity),
- land information
We are also looking to better understand the overlap between primary industries and climate change and continuing to strengthen our application of te ao Māori concepts.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to influence policy at the highest levels
- An energetic and collaborative work environment in a high-performing team where you will interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and foster a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work life balance including flexible working arrangements.
In addition to a relevant tertiary qualification and at least two years' experience, you will bring to the role:
- Public policy experience including working on complex projects or processes
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- A strong background in economics or policy
- Highly-developed communication, interpersonal, influencing, and relationship management skills
- Tried and tested adaptability and judgment
- A thirst for learning and self development
- An organised, proactive mind-set, with an orientation towards taking initiative and ownership for your work
- Application of te ao Māori concepts to policy questions would be an advantage
Applications close - Monday 27 September - All applications must be made online.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail and for more information please contact Sam King at Sam.King@treasury.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||[Job Description] Analyst.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.