Registered Nurse - PACU at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital, Registered Nurse - Post Anaesthetic Care Unit
The details: Permanent (Full Time, Part time, fixed term available)
Bring your care and commitment to our Post Anaesthetic Care Unit team.
About the service:
Working in PACU offers a rewarding and stimulating career that encompasses a diverse work environment and the chance to gain an enormous range of desirable skills and experience. It requires a nurse with confident and articulate speaking abilities who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience is PACU, critical care, or acute surgical nursing would be beneficial.
About the role:
Our Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) is a critical care environment which receives patients from every surgical speciality including cardiac, neuro-surgery and obstetrics.
We offer you acomprehensive orientation programme and support for professional development, as well as a highly supportive team, committed to delivering quality care to patients in all stages of their anaesthetic and surgical procedure.
Required skills & experience:
- A minimum of two years post registration experience in an acute care setting in a New Zealand tertiary hospital.
- Flexibility in your work hours with varied start times to meet the 24 hour service, including the participation in an on-call roster.
- Prior experience in PACU nursing, critical care or acute surgical nursing is desirable.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be flexible in your work hours with varied start times to meet the 24 hour service, including the participation in an on-call roster.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.