Occupation Therapist, South Community Mental Health Team at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hawera Hospital, Hawera, South Taranaki
0.8 FTE (64 hours per fortnight)
- Seeking a Role in a Rural Community
- Enjoy Working in a Multi-disciplinary Team
A vacancy exists for a qualified Occupational Therapist to work in our rural Adult Community Mental Health Team. The geographical area of work will be South and Central Taranaki which includes Hawera Hospital as well as satellite clinics to areas such as Stratford, Patea, and Opunake.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of specialist providing mental health assessments, case management, coordination and activating support services to enhance skills and recovery for people. This position will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Undertake a key worker role for identified clients within the Multidisciplinary Team
- Identify occupational performance issues and provide appropriate intervention, recommendations and referral to other agencies as required
- Assess, monitor and deliver specialist interventions regarding mental state and risk management
Ideally the candidate will have:
- A current Occupational Therapist Qualification and Practicing Certificate
- Registration with the New Zealand Registration Board
- Clinical experience in a specialist mental health & addictions setting
- Group facilitation skills
- A current NZ drivers licence
Please click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in the above position please "Apply Online" from this page.
If you would like further information about this position please contact Sue Dunick, Team Leader on (06) 278 9917, ext 6900 or via email email@example.com
Applications Close 15th December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.