Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Services of Older People at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
We are seeking a clinical psychologist to join our Mental Health Services for Older People (MHSOP) team.
The MHSOP team is multi-disciplinary and currently includes 3 psycho-geriatricians, 1 full time and 1 part time clinical psychologist, mental health nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and cultural support. The team has a strong focus on community care but also has access to four beds within the acute inpatient area. The service provides specialist assessment and treatment in outpatient clinics and in people's home including care facilities.
- Assessment, including neuropsychology assessment, psychological testing and treatment.
- Provision of individual counselling or psychotherapy.
- Ensuring practice is based on nationally recognised standards.
- Active participation within the multi-disciplinary team and the fostering of partnership and cooperation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Doctor of Clinical Psychology or equivalent; Clinical Psychology Scope of Practice.
- Be registered and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate from the New Zealand Psychologists Board.
- Have at least two years post registration experience.
- Preferably have experience in working with older adults, neuropsychology and CBT.
- Be committed to team working and contribute to team success.
Please click here to view the position description.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Click here for information about living and working in Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
Please click "Apply Online" from within this page.
For further information please contact Michelle Faulkner, Team Leader - MHSOP, via email Michelle.Faulkner@tdhb.org.nz
Applications close 30th November 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.