Psychologist, Registered - Health or Clinical at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent position, full and part-time opportunities available
We are seeking to recruit a Health Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist or a Psychologist under the General Scope of Practice with relevant experience to offer psychological input to our physical health psychology department. Roles include working within adult physical health, persistent pain, bowel screening and diabetes services.
TDHB provides comprehensive services to the local population and the health psychology role offers opportunity to work with people who are managing a diverse range of conditions. There are opportunities to work with the following services:
- The persistent pain team, a small but innovative interdisciplinary team. The psychologist’s role within this team is 0.3FTE. it includes individual assessment and intervention for ACC as well as DHB referred individuals, and leading psychology sessions on an established pain education group programme.
- The cancer service and bowel screening program psychologist role is 0.4FTE. Cancer services at TDHB include a highly skilled interdisciplinary team co-ordinating and delivering local and remote services. There is opportunity for service development.
- The general health psychology role is 0.2FTE. This role includes inpatient and outpatient assessment and intervention, as well as contribution to psychoeducation groups for chronic health conditions. It involves working with people with both acute illness / injury, as well as longer term and life changing conditions such as recovery after stroke.
- The diabetes psychology role, 0.3FTE, is an opportunity to work within an innovative new model of care for diabetes, focussing on a comprehensive clinical and psychosocial interventions and providing enhancement support to patients, and training to primary care, community and iwi health providers. This is a unique opportunity to work in a multi-sectoral MDT approach to ensure patients living with diabetes are supported for best outcomes.
Please note that TDHB encourages applications and/or enquiries from both experienced and newly-qualified psychologists. We are happy to consider interest in working in all or part of the available positions. The person will work with colleagues in health psychology. The successful candidate(s) will work with colleagues in health psychology.
Please inform in your letter which positions / FTE above you are interested in.
We can offer you:
- We have a dedicated team of psychologists with a range of clinical experience and expertise, including CBT, ACT, EMDR, CAT, systemic and family approaches, psychodynamic approaches, interpersonal therapies, complex neuropsychological assessments and interpretation, and more.
- Autonomy and flexibility to manage your own day-to-day workload.
- Plenty of scope to bring your ideas and be involved in pilot programmes, so if you want to make things happen, this is the place to be!
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Confidence and excellent communication skills.
- A true passion about their work and hold an unwavering belief in people's recovery.
- A use of evidence-based interventions as well as innovation and research.
- Current registration as a Registered Psychologist with The New Zealand Psychologists Board and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate. If you are an overseas trained Psychologist click on this link for further information: http://www.psychology.org.nz/study-careers/overseas-psychologists/?#.Wut3Q00UmAg
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountains, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and camping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Click here to view the position description.
Please “Apply Online” from within this page.
For further information please contact Dr Tal Moore, Clinical Psychology Lead, Tal.Moore@tdhb.org.
Closing date for applications is 19th December 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.