Midwife -Base and Hawera Hospital at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Permanent Position or Casual Positions avalible
Up to 1.0FTE (hours negotiable)
- Do you want to work in a family centred maternity unit?
- Committed to providing safe and positive birthing experiences?
- Looking to share your knowledge and skills with whanau?
Taranaki Base Hospital has a secondary maternity unit, the birthing suite and antenatal ward are combined with six birthing rooms and seven antenatal beds. The post-natal ward consists of 16 beds. The neo-natal unit has level 2A accreditation with 6 cots and 2 Intensive care cots to provide care for babies from 28 weeks gestation.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team in the antenatal, intrapartum, postnatal ward or neo natal unit;
- Utilise your knowledge and skills to enable the mother and her family / whanau to care for their baby; and
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality assurance and accreditation principles.
- Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated for the successful applicants
To be a successful in this role you will:
- Be registered with the Midwifery Council, or have eligibility, and hold an Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Have one year postgraduate experience however we encourage New Graduates to apply.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work rostered shifts in all areas of the maternity unit: antenatal, birthing suite and the postnatal ward
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. This is a great opportunity if you have been thinking of returning home to Taranaki. Click here for information about living and working in Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in the above position please "Apply Online" from this page.
To discuss this vacancy further you are welcome to contact Gabi Klapka, Clinical Midwife Manager, Phone: 06 753 7777 ex 8919 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12th December 2021 * Applicaitons will be reviewed prior to this date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.