Consultant Psychiatrist, Child and Adolescent at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
- Looking for a challenge in a developing service?
- Would like to work with a well-trained and coherent team?
- Will you consider providing a Tele-medicine service from your current location?
A permanent vacancy exists for a motivated and experienced Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our team of 13 psychiatrists. You will work with a dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for people in a community setting with complex needs requiring specialist mental health services.
However we are also keen to hear from those who currently hold vocational registration to practice in New Zealand and are interested to deliver tele-medicine only.
Our Child and Adolescent Mental Health service (CAMHS) is an experienced and motivated team, attending to clients from toddler ages up to 18 years of age. The team relies on a variety of professions and skills, utilizing CBT, dynamic therapies, family interventions, Mindfulness and DBT groups, as well as a range of local primary services working in unison for the best interest of our community.
Whilst practising within your psychiatry set of skills, you will be exposed and taught about New-Zealand’s unique cultures, which you will incorporate into your practice.
The Mental Health and Addictions service (MHAS) hosts medical students from the University of Auckland. You will enjoy the benefits of teaching and supervising years 5 and6, while having access to the University’s up to date resources.
The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the Taranaki region that include:
- A 23 bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
As part of the MHAS service you will be expected to:
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
- Participate in an on call 1:10 roster.
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Click here to see more about our region.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,200 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people .
To view the position description click here.
If you want to make an application click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
For further information, please contact Jenna Kensington on Email: Jenna.Kensington@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 30 October 2022 however if we make an appointment prior to this date, we will close the vacancy.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.